GM Volt Forum banner

Android auto doesn't turn off

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TSquare 
#1 ·
I want to use Android auto only via the micro-usb connector -- I don't think it works via bluetooth anyway. But my phone and the car conspire to always start android auto bluetooth as soon as I start the car, and my phone's batteries quickly die. Is there a workaround besides turning off my phone's bluetooth? For my daily driving, I don't want/use Android auto at all, and I don't want to have to turn it off manually.

#2 ·
Your post was a little confusing but i think you dont want the car to use bluetooth at all so you dont run the phone battery down. And you only want AA, if you plug in.

I'd suggest going into your bluetooth settings on yiur phone and forget/delete the connection to chevy mylink and that should unpair the two. Additionally, you could try looking under the phone icon on your center display and remove your phone from the selection. I havent tried what your are trying to do but I believe that should achieve what your trying to do.

Hope that helps.

#3 ·
The problem with unpairing the bluetooth connection between your car and phone is that you will lose some AA functionality when you do plug in. If you want full AA functionality when you are plugged in, but don't want the phone to connect to the car via bluetooth when you are not plugged in, then yes you would need to turn off bluetooth on your phone.

#4 ·
I think the latest version of AA will start automatically once your phone connects to the car via BlueTooth (I think I read that after the latest downloaded update on my phone). You still need to plug it in to the USB port for it to work.

I think you can adjust the AA settings on your phone to stop this.

Best,
Rick

#5 ·
On your phone, open Android Auto. On the upper left corner touch the hamburger menu icon. Touch Settings. Scroll down to "Phone Screen Settings", Look for "Auto Launch". This setting tells the phone weather or not to auto launch AA when it detects your car's bluetooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.