GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so I scheduled with my regular guy at the dealership to get my update. At the time I scheduled it, I had no idea that we needed a coupon in order to do so and he did not mention to me that a coupon was needed.

So I went in this morning thinking everything was gravy. He tells me after I arrived that he just got a notification that he needs a coupon in order to do it. I was kind of miffed because I was caught off guard and I had to get up so dang early after getting off work just a few hours prior.

Anyway, as I normally do, I tried to do a quick search to see what the coupon was all about. Found the stickied thread here and just gave him that copy of it. I thought that was the end of it.

Welp, he just told me that it was just a PDF copy and he needed a "real" one.

So my question is: Would anyone be so kind as to e-mail me/forward to me the coupon e-mail they got for the update??? PLEASE??

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hi all, so I scheduled with my regular guy at the dealership to get my update. At the time I scheduled it, I had no idea that we needed a coupon in order to do so and he did not mention to me that a coupon was needed.

So I went in this morning thinking everything was gravy. He tells me after I arrived that he just got a notification that he needs a coupon in order to do it. I was kind of miffed because I was caught off guard and I had to get up so dang early after getting off work just a few hours prior.

Anyway, as I normally do, I tried to do a quick search to see what the coupon was all about. Found the stickied thread here and just gave him that copy of it. I thought that was the end of it.

So my question is: Would anyone be so kind as to e-mail me/forward to me the coupon e-mail they got for the update??? PLEASE??
I did not need a coupon to have this done.

I would contact a volt advisor to provide it or have them straighten out the dealer

·
Registered
11 Posts
No coupon needed here, either (and no prior mention of it on the forum as far as I am aware). I think there must be some confusion on the dealer's part.

·
Registered
968 Posts

I believe most of us on this forum did not use a coupon and had it done. I was one of the first people to have it done in early March after the press release and my delear was fine with doing it. I also followed the AA thread for quite awhile to see how it was rolling out and only a few mentioned that the dealer was requiring the coupon. So delears may use it as a tool to put off people until they are not busy with other more profitable repairs.The AA update doesnt pay much to the dealer from GM.

WOP on the sticky on the 1st post describes the botched implementation. So your dealer says "he just got a notification that he needs a coupon in order to do it." It could be a recent change to handle the rush of people asking for this to be done or he just might be putting you off becuase of last minute emergency repairs that pay well. Since i wasnt there it is hard for me to guage what is really going on BUT seriously if the guy really wants your future business then he should have made an exception for you since they scheduled it without telling you of the coupon requirement. Total BS in my opinion.

I'd try another dealer in the area and see what they say or call your volt advisor they may be able to help. Google the phone number and give them a calll.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
This "you need a coupon" business is ridiculous.
From a management standpoint all they need is the labor operation code on the last page of the bulletin in order to get paid by GM for doing the update. The bulletin also outlines the complete update process

If they need an "original" tell them to look up the bulletin on GM Globalconnect #16-NA-042
http://gm-volt.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108722&d=1461194073
OR
Call you Volt Advisor 1-877-486-5846 or if necessary the GM Customer Experience hotline at 1-800-222-1020

Sorry for your hassle, total BS

WopOnTour

·
Registered
84 Posts
Seems like BS

My dealer did not give me any hassle. He admitted after the install that it was the first Android Auto install they had done. It went fine. Here is a document detailing the instructions for the service department. I don't know if I got it from this forum, or from GM:

View attachment Android Auto Upgrade 16-NA-042_Ver3.pdf

Good luck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Total BS. I took the GM Bulletin & WOT's instructions with me on my phone to the dealer. They looked-up and printed the Bulletin themselves. They did write-it-up as, "Customer states car is eligible for update", but there were no questions, problems or coupons involved when the work was done. (I also printed WOT's notes and the GM Bulletin and left them in the car- they must have used the info, since it was no longer in the car when I picked it up).

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
What a bunch of crap. I wonder if they are trying to double bill for the work, get money from you AND GM.

Definitely engage a Volt advisor. Hey forum Chevy Customer Service rep, you seeing this??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Coupon? GM sent out notifications to all dealers about the update. There is their coupon. I have 2 recommendations. 1) Tell the dealer to do some actual work and investigation, then 2) Never go there again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts