GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....a bluetooth issue? Suddenly today, my phone (Samsung S7) would not pair with my car. It has been working just fine since I got the car (over 8000 miles on car now).
So I tried numerous times to pair following the on-screen prompts but no joy. I tried turning both the phone and the car off and then back on and trying again. The pairing was "un-successful" and it prompted me to try again.
Finally, I decided to remove the Android Auto App from my phone and try again. It paired just fine on my very first attempt. Now I am reluctant to put the App back on the phone......why do I need it anyway?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Is that question rhetorical?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Waze users, particularly in California, should be aware that the update that went out this week now takes into account the Green stickers and toll passes that EVs get. Your route will be optimized for HOV and toll lane access if you go in and check the boxes next to these features under the Navigation menu.

However, it seems like their optimization algorithm needs some fine tuning as it has been WAY under predicting my drive times for the last 3 days. Prior to this update I found that their estimated ETA was always within about 5 minutes either way of the actual arrival time. Now it's been off more than 20 minutes for a couple of longer drives.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that question rhetorical?
Sorry, I didn't mean it to be, but I guess my "intuition" was to remove Android Auto and see what would happen. But if navigation via Waze is all that I am going to miss I may just forget it. As long as I can receive phone calls via the phone/car system I'll be ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use Android Auto for Google Maps, Google Play Music, Overdrive Audiobooks, Podcast Addict Podcasts, reading and sending text messages, and managing phone calls

1 - 6 of 6 Posts