GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem, my Phone HTC 10, updated to Android 7.0... Now when I use the CarPlay Android Auto, the MAP is HUGE.. and and all you see the the battery and Mic really big..

I've email the Android Auto.. but no resonance..

It was working before with Android 6.01..

Any Ideas ?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
What does it look like if you run it on your phone screen without plugging into the car?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks Normal on my phone (HTC 10) with Android 7.0..
I also, tried my Samsung S6 (Android 6.0.1) Which works perfect... on the CarPlay

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a (somewhat) common issue with Android Auto and HTC devices.

Try this first:
You likely have an app called Boost+ on your phone. Open Boost+. Choose "Optimize Foreground Apps" when it opens. In here, look for Maps (Google Maps). It is likely set to the "On" position. Switch it to the "Off" position. Reconnect your phone and see if the issue has gone away.

If the problem does not go away, try this:
Go to Google Play Store (or to your Applications in Settings), go to the Maps application, choose Uninstall Updates, reconnect your phone to your Volt and Android Auto will handle the updating of Google Maps.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just to avoid confusion, CarPlay is the Apple product for use with iPhones. Android is the Google product for use with Android phones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a (somewhat) common issue with Android Auto and HTC devices.

Try this first:
You likely have an app called Boost+ on your phone. Open Boost+. Choose "Optimize Foreground Apps" when it opens. In here, look for Maps (Google Maps). It is likely set to the "On" position. Switch it to the "Off" position. Reconnect your phone and see if the issue has gone away.

If the problem does not go away, try this:
Go to Google Play Store (or to your Applications in Settings), go to the Maps application, choose Uninstall Updates, reconnect your phone to your Volt and Android Auto will handle the updating of Google Maps.
Wow, that was it.. �� works great! Thank you
Not a problem!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts