1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
...Is there a consolidate site that lists charging costs for differing types of charging? ..
Good question! It will be needed someday.

Is there a site that lists Tesla announcements and then how they are amended (or entirely not met) sooner or later?:p

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Is there a consolidate site that lists charging costs for differing types of charging? Kind of how all those gas sites work?
A site like PlugShare probably could collect and display that data, but it's hard enough getting them to provide a filter for sites based on charging rates.

It seems like the issue here is that Tesla can adjust pricing on a site-by-site basis, so you could take a road trip using four or five Supercharger sites and pay different rates at each site. Most of the public DC charging networks are a little more consistent, but that doesn't really do Model 3 owners any good.

For what it's worth, ChargePoint and Greenlots charge fees on a site-by-site basis, but if you know what program or business paid for them, the chargers at those locations tend to be consistent.

EVgo charges fees based on state so cross the border into another state, and you might pay a different rate. It does appear that EVgo might be considering adjusting their fees by site, but I haven't seen anything concrete about that.

Electrify America is also consistent in their fees, but they are about to roll out membership pricing. I have no idea what they are looking at for that.

Recargo also looks like they are planning a consistent fee rate. If anything, Tesla's newly reduced Supercharger rates look very similar to Recargo's current rate of 24 cents a minute.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
On Charge Point site you can filter out types and free/fee based. Not sure if they include charges as I only ever used the free ones.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Electrify America's current pricing page: https://www.electrifyamerica.com/pricing
Since they charge per minute it would seem better for faster/higher kW car charging.

12 [footnote] Pricing and fees subject to change. Session Fee: Pricing and fees subject to change.
Charging cost: Electrify America’s pricing will vary by region.
Actual charging cost are displayed at each charging station. Idle fee: Current idle fee is $0.40 per minute and starts 10 minutes after the charging session is complete. Pricing and fees subject to change.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
It seems like the issue here is that Tesla can adjust pricing on a site-by-site basis, so you could take a road trip using four or five Supercharger sites and pay different rates at each site. Most of the public DC charging networks are a little more consistent, but that doesn't really do Model 3 owners any good.
I thought that Tesla to CCS adapters where available.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
I thought that Tesla to CCS adapters where available.
CHAdeMO adapter has been available a few years.

CCS built into the Tesla Model 3 for Europe as has recently been announced and start of deliveries being done now.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Sorting it out so that SC pricing for power costs more than charging at home seems absolutely sensible.
Right. As well people questioning the Tesla prices can see the comparative to Electrify America which is a bit more expensive still ($1/session plus higher per minute cost).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts