GM Volt Forum banner

And his Tesla dream goes up in Flames

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Bill Step 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I was amused till I read about another 2019 Bolt going up in flames, the final recall alleged to have been done. Emergency procedures have to be practiced to be of any value in a real emergency. Otherwise it's flailing about hoping whatever you push or pull works.

Reactions: scottf200
#6 ·
There were two updates, one a stop-gap to limit charging, and a second that included a cell diagnostic by the dealer in addition to a cell monitoring software upgrade to ID and prevent a possible cell issue before a fire risk ensued. Searching, but can't find a reference for a 2019 having a fire after the final software update was installed. I do find one about a 2019 without the initial charge limiting stop-gap patch. Do you have a link to the one that had the final update but experienced a fire, Jmaj?

#7 · (Edited)
Bolt fire post recall "The news report doesn't include the detail that the recall service was performed the second week of June. That was reported to me directly by my neighbor, the car's owner, who's also my state representative. There should be enough info in the news article for anybody to follow up and confirm..."

#9 ·
I will say,,22k for his battery is kinda a better deal than a volt owner would get

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.