GM Volt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Administrator
20,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I was driving my Volt, and I pressed the Leaf button on my center stack without looking. Imagine my surprise when I noticed $10,000 in green on the passenger's seat! Thank you GM!! This was an awesome surprise. I don't see this behavior covered in the Owners Manual. Should the green Leaf produce money this way?

Unfortunately, I can't duplicate this result. No matter how many times I have tried pressing the Leaf button again, money does not appear in the passenger seat. Has this happened to anyone else? Can any of you replicate this?

·
8,680 Posts
Mine doesn't do that. It must be defective? I guess I should go to the dealer and complain...

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Now THERE's an update I'd like to see Elon Musk match. :)
With the Tesla you get $100K not a measly $10K. That's what you get for buying a Chevy!

Seriously, with so many lines of code things like this are bound to happen. :cool:

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I only get $300/month. But it'll add up after a while especially if gas prices go up.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I think GM should offer a buyback as my Volt doesn't do this, that makes it clearly life threatening as how else can I afford to post on sites like this without compensation and without free money I won't have money for food :p

·
Registered
716 Posts
My 2011 Volt did that as well, but it required a different user interface interaction. In my case, rather than hitting the leaf button, it required hitting a Corvette that ran a red light right in front of me. Long story short, my insurance company insisted on repairing the Volt rather than totalling it (total repair cost about $26K), and after that it had an erratic acceleration problem. The problem was verified by the mechanics at the local Chevy dealer. I contacted my Volt advisor and she initiated a very generous buyback in which GM went "beyond the call of duty" to the tune of about $10,000. I immediately replaced the Volt with a 2012 Volt. I of course am awestruck by GM's goodwill and generosity. I was already a fully-won customer and this certainly didn't do any damage!

So folks, if hitting the leaf button doesn't do it, you may have a different keystroke requirement, so try hitting other things.... ;-)

·
Administrator
20,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 2011 Volt did that as well, but it required a different user interface interaction. In my case, rather than hitting the leaf button, it required hitting a Corvette that ran a red light right in front of me. Long story short, my insurance company insisted on repairing the Volt rather than totalling it (total repair cost about $26K), and after that it had an erratic acceleration problem. The problem was verified by the mechanics at the local Chevy dealer. I contacted my Volt advisor and she initiated a very generous buyback in which GM went "beyond the call of duty" to the tune of about $10,000. I immediately replaced the Volt with a 2012 Volt. I of course am awestruck by GM's goodwill and generosity. I was already a fully-won customer and this certainly didn't do any damage! ;-)
Wow, that sure beats my story!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
The 2nd time you press the Button the cash appears in the rear middle seat.

Go ahead, reply! I want to see you get banned! :)
LMAO you mean the one under the hatchback!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Recently I was driving my Volt, and I pressed the Leaf button on my center stack without looking. Imagine my surprise when I noticed $10,000 in green on the passenger's seat! Thank you GM!! This was an awesome surprise. I don't see this behavior covered in the Owners Manual. Should the green Leaf produce money this way?

Unfortunately, I can't duplicate this result. No matter how many times I have tried pressing the Leaf button again, money does not appear in the passenger seat. Has this happened to anyone else? Can any of you replicate this?

My wife's Volt has done this in a round-about fashion...the gas payments that are NOT being made are being funneled into our investment fund which has skyrocketed due to the DOW now over 15000...:)

·
Administrator
20,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Needless to say, I DON'T want GM to fix this. I may get another $10,000!!

Could it be I pressed a different button? I'd swear it was the Leaf button, but I can't reproduce the ATM effect.

·
Registered
304 Posts
GM, please move the Leaf button further away from the Drive Mode button, so drivers don't accidentally hit it four times and suffocate under piles of cash.

·
Administrator
20,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe the title should have been "GM, Don't fix this, I'm getting rich!"

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.