GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed numerous amps over the years but never one with an auto on function. I've got it hooked up right but its not autoing on.

I'm not sure I'm understanding this part of the manual:

I have speaker wires coming from the harnesses near the rear door speakers, going through a Pac line out convertor, then the rcas out to the amp. Which selections would I want to choose on the amp based on the above picture with this set up? I was under the impression that you didn't need to connect the remote wire with this feature.

I know That everything is wired properly because the amp does drive the sub if I touch the remote wire to 12v. I just don't see a switched 12v source in the trunk, so if anyone knows of a convenient source I'll just go that route.

Thanks!

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just remembered that someone said there is 12v switched in the cup holder in the back seat.

I'm curious why it's not powering up automatically though if anyone want a to take a stab at that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Usually I associate auto turn on with speaker level speaker input. Why use the PAC line out converter when the PX series has speaker input level capability? I am willing to bet it will work setup without the PAC. I have installed an amplified Bazooka using auto turn on and it works without any issue wiring the same way you are except without the PAC.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just remembered that someone said there is 12v switched in the cup holder in the back seat.

I'm curious why it's not powering up automatically though if anyone want a to take a stab at that.

Yes, this was easy to connect to. I spliced the remote-turn on for my amp into the outlet in the rear seats cup-holder area. It is switched and only comes on with the car, just like the front outlet in the arm rest.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually I associate auto turn on with speaker level speaker input. Why use the PAC line out converter when the PX series has speaker input level capability? I am willing to bet it will work setup without the PAC. I have installed an amplified Bazooka using auto turn on and it works without any issue wiring the same way you are except without the PAC.
Yep, I realized that this morning. The only reason I used it was because their are only rcas coming out of the amp instead of the usual options. There is another harness you can buy that goes from highs to rcas.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, this was easy to connect to. I spliced the remote-turn on for my amp into the outlet in the rear seats cup-holder area. It is switched and only comes on with the car, just like the front outlet in the arm rest.
Got it hooked up there this morning and it's working fine now. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts