GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Premier
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Premier with Ambient Lighting. The LEDs (in the cupholders, for example) are on a whenever the car is on. I had a 2017 before this car, which also had Ambient Lighting. I believe the LEDs were only on when the car was on at night when the lights were on. Can anyone tell me which is correct? I know this option is actually installed by the dealer and I am wondering if perhaps my Ambient Lighting was connected to the wrong fused circuit. Thanks for any comments!

·
Registered
38 Posts
We don’t have the cupholder LEDs but the ones in the doors and door handles light up when the car (2017 premier) is on regardless if the headlamps are on.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yea, I believe they turn on with the gauge lights. Attached are the instructions and the decoder for the plug where the splicing happens.

If they tapped into the hot wire instead of the Backlight Dimming Control, I expect yours would stay on all the time.

See step 28 for the start of the splice instructions. If you are going to pull this out to check, it's really hard to get the panel out to access the plug. I found that I had to remove the lower instrument panel covers to get my hand up and behind the headlight panel to squeeze the clips and push it out from behind.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts