GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Here's the update. Had the Volt for 4 1/2 days now and I simply don't know what all the fuss is over the price of the car. I traded in my c6 Corvette and let me say that, although I'll miss the Vette on those rare occasions when I could open her up, the Volt has tons of torque around town (especially in Sport Mode ) and handles like a high quality Sports sedan. I should know, I tested them all prior to buying the Vette. Oddly, I never tested the Volt prior to buying the Vette because I had NO IDEA it was the car it truly is. BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, Hyundai, beware..There is an advertising issue here and if GM can pull there heads out and target that demo...this car will have a very bright future.

Now that I'm done butt kissing, I have a quick question: There seems to be slots under the hatch floor lift that are supposed to have Hazzard stuff in them. ie: foldable reflective triangles, flares, fire extinguisher? Are these slots for me to fill or should the have stuff in them?

I have also received the "back up camera screen of death" and cannot for the life of me get my climate center to blow warm air!

Thanks for listening !

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Nothing is missing. I think the European market requires triangles and maybe something else, but they are not supplied for US market vehicles. Glad to here you are enjoying the Volt. I agree it is a great car.

·
Registered
235 Posts
the triangles and first aid kit were an option at least on earlier cars. the ones I already had didn't fit so I just put them in the gym bag with my trailer stuff, jack, and lug wrench.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The no heat issue is a software update fix so make an appointment with the dealer. Have them check for all outstanding updates while it is in.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
There are several things that "would have" been supplied if you lived in Europe. The one that's got me miffed is the tow loop that would mount under the removable tab in the bumper. There is no good place to attach a tow strap if you get stuck in a ditch. European Volts have a perfect tow strap spot, but the factory decided to save $10 and not provide that extremely handy piece of hardware for US vehicles. Not only did they omit the actual hook, they even neglected to weld on the hard point behind the bumper that you would attach it to. Why then, did they tease me with a removable tab in the bumper that opens up to reveal NOTHING? For contrast, my wife's VW came with the loop (even though they aren't required to provide it) and we've only used it once, but that one time was worth it's weight in gold!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just as a reference point I was going to trade up my 2007 BMW 3 series for a 2013. After "discovering" the Volt I traded the BMW for a 2012 Volt. I am not sorry.

·
Registered
355 Posts
"There are several things that "would have" been supplied if you lived in Europe. The one that's got me miffed is the tow loop that would mount under the removable tab in the bumper. There is no good place to attach a tow strap if you get stuck in a ditch. European Volts have a perfect tow strap spot, but the factory decided to save $10 and not provide that extremely handy piece of hardware for US vehicles. Not only did they omit the actual hook, they even neglected to weld on the hard point behind the bumper that you would attach it to. "

Could someone please clarify. After reading about a tow loop I was thinking I should order one just in case. Haven't popped off the cover but was curious. Is it a part available to order and if so can it be attached? Seems like a great accessorie to have.

Roy Volt #1019

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
"Am I supposed to have a Hazard Kit?" - Are you a hazard?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts