GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - I'm new in the forums here!

anyway - I am a fan of alternative energy cars because I love the idea of finding better ways to do things - not because I feel that gas powered cars are bad, etc. (But seriously - it has been almost 100 years since the invention of the automobile - and they haven't been able to find a complete replacement for petroleum based fuel?) I like innovation in technology especially because it is one of the only ways human kind is moving forward - socially and philosophically today's society has very little to offer compared to ancient greece, ancient asia, or even the American Revolution, French Revolution, etc.

So, thanks for having me in the forum - I be here often!

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts
Welcome! I agree gasoline per se is not bad. Just the cost, military support, national energy security, and related baggage that come with it. I see Internal Combustion Engines as the DOS of the car world, while electric motors are its Mac OSX/PC Windows. Having a Volt for me is like having the first Mac SE when everyone else was "stuck" in DOS-land.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yep I ditto Steverino, and adding Solar PV as the power source to charge that Volt.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I disagree about gasoline. I've solarized myself and will buy the Volt- for many reasons. Progressiveness is just one point.

Dump your lawn (http://www.sensitivedentistry.net/green.html#a17) and then see the value of getting rid of all your gas powered tools. After all that gas and oil stuff is out of the garage, you'll realize how badly the stuff smelled when it was there. Gasoline stinks, it is toxic and it is an environmental nightmare. Put even ONE DROP in your swimming pool and I guarantee your guests will never come back. One hundred years from now, society will view it the same way we view using cocaine as a medicament in retrospect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hope you're right. I've trying to find a way to get rid of the neighbors using our pool and now I have a solution! One drop of gas does it all! Thanks for the tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts