GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you are still trying to find a solution for your batteries for the volt and if you are willing to reconsider and alternative to a batter pack then please get back to me. If you car can spare the following space 36" x 14" x 14" and to add a solar panel 13" x 36" on the car I can show you how to give you enough power to drive over 350 MPC (Miles Per Charge).

I am already using this technology as a UPS Power System for my Computers and the longest power outage I have had here so far was 6 hours and My 12 Computers never went down.

This is not a battery or a generator but something totally different

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The Devil. . .

. . . is in the details. Now would be a good time to divulge a bit more information. You can assume we don't know anything about what YOU have done, but most of us are reasonably technical. Start typing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is not a battery or a generator but something totally different

Give us more information because your technology could be only like a gas-saving device (a fake technology).
We wait for more information and don't worry, we will be able to understand it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its very simple this device was not created for a car or a hydro generator but it can generate electricity. The solar panel is used to power a small motor that turned a custom generator that is used to charge a gel pack.

This gel pack is made from by products that react to EMF fields and the more the gel is charged the more voltage can be pulled. The burn out point of the gel will only last a few ours depending on the energy drawn.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Conversion efficiency?

its very simple this device was not created for a car or a hydro generator but it can generate electricity. The solar panel is used to power a small motor that turned a custom generator that is used to charge a gel pack.

This gel pack is made from by products that react to EMF fields and the more the gel is charged the more voltage can be pulled. The burn out point of the gel will only last a few ours depending on the energy drawn.
Hi mworkman,

Solar panel > motor > generator > gel pack. At each stage, there will be energy losses due to various inefficiencies. Why not just design an electronic charging control circuit that replaces the motor/generator link, and charge the gel pack directly from the solar panel? What exactly are the characteristics of the "custom generator"? Surely it would be possible to tailor the conversion circuitry to match the characteristics of the "custom generator" output, at a much higher efficiency since there would be no mechanical losses.

Now, as to what this "gel pack" is - can you share more details? Is this something you made, or something you bought? Do you mean gelled-electrolyte lead-acid batteries? If not, then what? What kind of chemistry and charge/discharge characteristics does this gel pack have? By "burn-out", do you mean a "knee" in a discharge curve? What amount of energy can this device supply? What amount of energy do you mean when you talk about "350 miles per charge"?

I'm sure that all here are willing to consider just about any approach, but it has to stand up to scientific rigor. We'd even be open to accepting new, revolutionary discoveries - unless they violate the laws of thermodynamics. As the famous scientist Carl Sagan used to say: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi mworkman,
I'm sure that all here are willing to consider just about any approach, but it has to stand up to scientific rigor. We'd even be open to accepting new, revolutionary discoveries - unless they violate the laws of thermodynamics. As the famous scientist Carl Sagan used to say: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

Only problem with you idea point... is HUMANS CAN NOT LIVE because we "violate the laws of thermodynamics" in the way our bodies create energy...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Only problem with you idea point... is HUMANS CAN NOT LIVE because we "violate the laws of thermodynamics" in the way our bodies create energy...
Well, we might as well just stop here... it's only going to get funnier and sadder from here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we might as well just stop here... it's only going to get funnier and sadder from here.
Its funny you race to prove people wrong but when it comes down to people proving you wrong you run scared.

the laws of thermodynamics do no apply because just like the human body, It just converts the EMF fields of the earth into a low voltage energy. Its the same as a Human Body where the food we eat is the solar panel and the motor is the heart pumping and the generator is the blood flow.

as blood flows though the muscles in the body (AKA Amino Acids) it creates an electrical field that reacts to the earths EMF field that the reaction converts the energy to a form that the body can use. This is a design of a similar system but with the same results. In the body we can not escalate the levels of Amino Acids and iron and zinc but in an artificial system we can and that what this is.

The generator is not a formal generator but a liquid pump that makes the gel flow though the system and as the gel flows a field is created and the EMF field is collected and converted. This processes is just like the functions of the human body.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Uhhh. . . What?

I asked appropriate questions, to which you responded with a non-sequitur. I approached this skeptically, but with an open mind.

You don't seem to be able to go into technical details about this system you mentioned, so I am left with the impression that you are incapable of doing so.

Good luck with your thingy there, and be careful that you don't overcharge that gel pack - it might burn up.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Its funny you race to prove people wrong but when it comes down to people proving you wrong you run scared.
I am not racing to prove you (or anyone) wrong. In fact, I would rather find out that you have a novel technology that could help us get off our dependence on oil. Taking an adversarial attitude and refusing to give technical details, supporting evidence, or reproducible experimental results doesn't exactly further your position here.

the laws of thermodynamics do no apply because just like the human body, It just converts the EMF fields of the earth into a low voltage energy. Its the same as a Human Body where the food we eat is the solar panel and the motor is the heart pumping and the generator is the blood flow.

as blood flows though the muscles in the body (AKA Amino Acids) it creates an electrical field that reacts to the earths EMF field that the reaction converts the energy to a form that the body can use. This is a design of a similar system but with the same results. In the body we can not escalate the levels of Amino Acids and iron and zinc but in an artificial system we can and that what this is.
Huh? The laws of thermodynamics apply to everything you have listed. Besides, I have always been under the impression that our metabolic energy source is the chemical conversion of adenosine triphosphate to adenosine diphopshate to adenosine monophosphate. Please explain these "EMF" fields you mention - what are their characteristics?

The generator is not a formal generator but a liquid pump that makes the gel flow though the system and as the gel flows a field is created and the EMF field is collected and converted. This processes is just like the functions of the human body.
OK, now we might be getting somewhere. You have a solar panel that drives an electric pump. The pump is moving this "gel" through some kind of chemical cell. What is the energy output of the solar cell? What is the energy requirement of the pump? What is the delivered fluidic output of the pump? What is the viscosity of the gel? This is the point where you jump in with more technical details about the chemical make-up of the gel, construction of the cell, etc.

You are talking with people who can understand any level of technical detail you wish to share, so don't try to keep things simple. Keep typing. . .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Altazi,

You are spoiling my get rich quick scheme of using magnetically shielded underwear for the treatment of ADHD.

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well first you have to excuse "My English" this system is based on my research and that is Bio Chemistry. Also
A comment was made about my English but for those who want to tease I think "My English" is very good for someone who has to type using a speech to text and stick in the mouth.

Just so you know "our metabolic energy source is not chemical conversion" in fact the only chemical side of it is the breakdown of proteins and minerals.

Our bodies do not create a lot of energy in fact they create very little but what our bodies do create is a energy field. Its that energy field that reacts to the earths Electro Magnetic Field (EMF) that causes not an energy generation but an energy conversion. The energy that is converted is used in our body to stimulate cell reproduction and that energy is stored in the mitochondrial DNA of the cells. When the cells reach a certain point of saturation cell division happens.

This is just a basic principal of the body system and it shows in many forms like when a woman in her late 40's has child, she is 93% chance more likely to live well past her 90's and more 73% chance of not getting cancer. Also another aspect of this is when NASA sends people to space for several months they suffer massive bone and tissue loss. This is because they have more Distance from the EMF field of the earth although they have tested long term with mice in space their body mass is nothing like a human they have yet to expose a full size chimp for long term.

The system I been working on is a replica of the human body in its pure format and the gel is the primary components of the required conversion process. This system was designed to prove the bodies metabolic system key to the earth and that long term space travel would be deadly. In the stages I am in now I see that this process can be used for more then just the human body.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Tissue loss from space exploration stems from microgravity. It affects muscles due to the "regular" stress their dealing with is completely removed. Same as to what would happen if you are confined to a bed. Nothing in the human body requires an external EMF to operate.

BTW... I've been a NASA enthusiast since I was 9.

Personally, I think what's going on is quite obvious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
BTW... I've been a NASA enthusiast since I was 9.

Personally, I think what's going on is quite obvious.
hmm....

I did not know a "NASA enthusiast" out beats 22 years of Biology and Chemistry...

If I would have known that maybe I would have become a "NASA enthusiast" instead of spending the 6 years getting my PhD-MBA in Biology.

Personally, I think what's going on is quite obvious.... :eek:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hi mworkman,

If you are typing with a stick in your mouth, and using a text-to-speech converter, then I am impressed with your efforts.

I would still like to know more about these EMF fields. I have spent days working in an EMF-shielded room, without any apparent ill effects. What research studies can you use as reference to support your claims that our bodies are somehow "powered" by interacting with the Earth's EMF field?

It is my understanding that the Earth's magnetic field is very large, but is also very weak in terms of flux density. It is difficult for me to imagine a practical method for extracting energy from the Earth's magnetic field.

Finally, consider the classic case where you create electric energy by moving a wire through a static magnetic field; the mechanical energy required to move the wire will be greater than the electric energy that can be taken from the wire - it's that pesky second law of thermodynamics raising its ugly head. Energy conversion can never be 100% efficient. I asked quite a few detailed questions in my previous post - can you provide the answers? At this point, you should consider that, after making fairly fantastic claims, that it's time to provide conclusive evidence, lest you be considered to be ignorant (at best) or a charlatan (at worst.)

Remember, I would like to think that you have created something special, and am trying to give you the benefit of doubt. I am just trying to understand it from my background of having a degree in physics and 30+ years of experience as an electronic design engineer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Altazi.

I would gladly invite you to the lab to see what we are doing and with your background I am sure you will find what we are doing very interesting. I am not saying right now we are able to power a full car using this technology but with more work in the area it is very possible.

Our main focus is forcing cells to reproduce faster and converting the Genome in the DNA without chemical manipulation. We have already proven that EMF fields effect cell growth by forcing cells exposures to mixed EMF fields. The project I am working on is a Funded medical project, we have proved that cell can be influenced and now we are finding how and why.

·
Registered
286 Posts
hmm....

I did not know a "NASA enthusiast" out beats 22 years of Biology and Chemistry...

If I would have known that maybe I would have become a "NASA enthusiast" instead of spending the 6 years getting my PhD-MBA in Biology.

Personally, I think what's going on is quite obvious.... :eek:
Eh... I went to LSU and not UB, so you probably got me there. I bow to Your superior knowlege

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Our main focus is forcing cells to reproduce faster and converting the Genome in the DNA without chemical manipulation. We have already proven that EMF fields effect cell growth by forcing cells exposures to mixed EMF fields. The project I am working on is a Funded medical project, we have proved that cell can be influenced and now we are finding how and why.
Hi mworkman,

While I don't pretend to understand the mechanism, I will give you that you may be able to accelerate cell reproduction by the application of certain EMF fields. I recall experiments where plants could be made to grow faster by applying a small DC bias along the stem.

What I don't understand is your reference to "converting the Genome" - converting it to what? Altering the nucleotide sequences? If so, to what ends?

I also don't understand how all of this results in the storage and production of useful energy. I suppose I can imagine some kind of chemical cell where a reactant is pumped into it, and useful electric energy is released (think "fuel cell"), but I am struggling with the mechanisms of the system you describe. Again, I ask for even more technical details, if you can share them. Refer to my list of questions a few posts ago. . . Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts