GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past week or so I've noticed that when my front camera shows on the display the picture is really blurry, despite wiping the lens with a cloth to get any dirt smudges off.

Today I took a closer look - I got a rock strike that was almost a bullseye on the center of the lens, but was enough to put the front camera lens out of commission, it still works but is so blurry that no real images can be distinguished when looking at the center display on the dash.

I do have a Boltscreen installed on the lower section of the front grille, but who woulda thought that a rock would have found that spot that's less than a square inch....

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Tire Vehicle door Tire Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
And it probably wouldn't happen again if you wanted it to.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unbelievable! Did you have to replace it?
No it's still the same - it looks like the bumper would have to come off and since it's just blurry it's fine as is, and I back into parking spaces in most cases anyway.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Have you considered using that bullseye crack polymer that they sell for windshields?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If it were me, I'd file a comprehensive claim with my auto insurance. It would only cost me my $50 deductible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts