GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As regulars here know, Ally doesn't negotiate from the residual price on the contract. So it was quite unexpected when I received a call this evening unsolicited. They are offering me 7000 off the residual price. 18900 with sales tax for a fully loaded 2013. Still a bit too high but a surprising change of events.

·
Registered
414 Posts
So there is now some hope for those of us with Ally. If they offered the same for mine, it would bring it to market value and I would buy it. At my current buy out amount, it would be financially stupid to not turn it in.

·
Registered
414 Posts
When is your turn in due. I'm curious at what point they would reach out (if they do so).

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ironic this historical Ally moment happens the day after we handed in our 2014 Volt - 4 months early via a lease pull-up purchase on a 2017 Volt. Had Ally offered our 2014 Volt at a reasonable price, we would have bought it. Not that I'm disappointed with our 2017 Volt. But we loved that 2014 Volt well enough to keep it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good news that Ally may be going this way with leased Volts. It makes sense for them as a bank.

My lease is up in April and I would take a very serious look at accepting a buy out offer.

Not having to hassle with buying a new car as well as knowing that I have taken car of this vehicle.

How much premium would be too much?

·
Registered
68 Posts
As regulars here know, Ally doesn't negotiate from the residual price on the contract. So it was quite unexpected when I received a call this evening unsolicited. They are offering me 7000 off the residual price. 18900 with sales tax for a fully loaded 2013. Still a bit too high but a surprising change of events.
Zoder,

When you received this offer was your lease paid in full?

Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ironic this historical Ally moment happens the day after we handed in our 2014 Volt - 4 months early via a lease pull-up purchase on a 2017 Volt. Had Ally offered our 2014 Volt at a reasonable price, we would have bought it. Not that I'm disappointed with our 2017 Volt. But we loved that 2014 Volt well enough to keep it.
Is there a lease pull-up purchase option out there?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Apparently there is. We were surprised our dealership offered one. I'm not sure if those 4 lease payments came out of GM's pocket or our dealership's.

When we were 6 months (or more) away from our lease end, GM sent us a postcard offering lease pull up. However, we let that offer expire. We didn't get additional lease pull up offers until the dealer mentioned it during our 2017 purchase. Worked out nice, since we had exactly 4 lease payments left.

Apparently it pays to ask about lease pull up if you're interested - and happen to be around 4 lease payments away from lease termination.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes, I received a mailer from my dealership recently also. My lease end is March 3rd.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Yes, I received a mailer from my dealership recently also. My lease end is March 3rd.
Call your lender (Ally?) and ask if they're offering pull ahead...Some exceptions exist but the overwhelming majority of pull aheads by dealerships are almost all B.S., they are paying off your lender in full including fees and somehow making up it in the deal...Lender pull aheads are where you are no long financially liable for the car...Also many report on the leasing forums that all sorts of damage/wear are overlooked on lender-pull-aheads...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 1 payment left. I received a letter in the mail Saturday from Ally with the same offer. Will scan it later.

I did receive a lease pull ahead offer directly from GM in July. Would cover up to 4 payments and 1000 towards new car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I spoke with Ally on Monday. They confirmed that these purchase offers are being sent.

In my case I would be glad to purchase my 14 Volt, but there are issues: My 39 month lease ends early Feb. but I would need to get a GM extended service contract by 36. Additionally, Colorado Law requires a license for Ally to deal with me, and they are not licensed. ( I don't want to waste the premium if no offer is sent). So my DISINTERESTED dealer might get the letter here instead of me. They make nothing by facilitation the termination and sale.

Question: Have any fellow Colorado lessees received that letter?

More:

They told me that no 2014's are getting a letter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone is getting special offer letters from Ally? My lease ends in April, but I haven't received an offer yet. Not sure if I would take it if I did since it looks like the offers are still several thousands more than what you can purchase the same Volt from at a dealer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anyone is getting special offer letters from Ally? My lease ends in April, but I haven't received an offer yet. Not sure if I would take it if I did since it looks like the offers are still several thousands more than what you can purchase the same Volt from at a dealer.
I've called Ally about mine - my turn in date is in about 10 days - every time I've been told "we don't negotiate residual"

My understanding is that they have insurance that protects them from the difference. So they don't lose anything when they resell the car for 10k less because they just claim it from whatever company they purchase insurance from.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That is because there were 37 (2013) VOLTS SOLD THROUGH MANNHEIM AUCTIONS THIS WEEK and the NATIONAL AVERAGE VALUE (per sold car) IS $10085 with 52K miles and $13292 with 26k miles!
This is the amount ALLY will receive less auction fees for our vehicle. So you might get a deal at $12k to $15k?? depending upon the miles on your Volt?? Good Luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts