GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange; I drove to work, parked and locked my Volt and went into the office. 15 minutes later, a co-worker came in my office and told me all my side windows were down...sure enough..I don't have a clue what happened. Do you?

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Strange; I drove to work, parked and locked my Volt and went into the office. 15 minutes later, a co-worker came in my office and told me all my side windows were down...sure enough..I don't have a clue what happened. Do you?
There is an all-windows down feature on 2012+
Its one of buttongs on the remote heald down for a while (I forget which), but you probably butt-pressed it (or pressed in your pocked). Cannot remember if there is a config option to disable the feature. (I have a 2011 without it)

·
Registered
220 Posts
This happened to me two days ago. Fortunately for me my Volt was in the garage. For MY2013, pressing and holding the unlock button on the fob will lower all the windows. According to the manual, this feature can be turned off by your dealer. I will be having mine disabled at my earliest convenience.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I haven't dropped my windows yet, but I have caused my horn to honk several times just by getting out of my car with the fob in a front pocket where the buttons get pressed by the pocket material is pulled tight by getting out of the car.

At first I didn't think this was possible but after several such events all happening just as I swing a leg outed the car and my pants pull tight, the horn has honked.

Seems the buttons of the Volt's fob are not recessed enough into the housing.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I held the unlock button by mistake...which rolled down all the windows.....nice feature to vent the heat from the car on a hot summer day....but this was a cold winter day....I had to go out to the car and roll up the windows

...no auto roll up feature

·
Registered
284 Posts
You pimched a button on the key fob? Same thing happened to me when I was in my office and it was a rainy day.Rain had just stopped so I lucked out. I bought a FOB cover from The jacket store and I hope it solves the problem. You can get the dealer to disable it but it takes an hour or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.