GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone's ever posted this before but these are all in production today and the pricing isn't too bad for fully electric "real" cars with decent speed and range.

http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/products/cars

they also have a pretty sweet lookin choppa

I emailed sales and they gave me a pricesheet. I figure you could probably haggle and knock a couple thousand off the price :)

Here's the email I got back from sales:

Thank you for your interest in our pure electric vehicles. This is an exciting time for us at Hybrid to provide to the public an emissions free vehicle that is 100% electric.

Hybrid Technologies has these vehicles in production now and they are being sold to consumers per order from the facility in North Carolina.

The purchase process begins with the order you place through the website. Once the order has been confirmed and you have chosen the vehicle with your personal options, a deposit of half the purchase price is required to order the vehicle. We order your car and bring it to the facility in North Carolina for the conversion.

LiV™Wise (Toyota Yaris) $39,500.00
LiV™Dash (Smart Car) $43,500.00
LiV™Surge (PT Cruiser) $55,000.00
LiV™Flash (Mini Cooper) $57,500.00
LiV™Rush (Sports Car) $100,000.00
LiV™Ryder (Chopper) $24,900.00
LiV™Cruz (Bicycle) $1495.00

In regards to our batteries, the life expectancy is about 2500 full charge cycles or 7 years with no loss of performance. This is equivalent to 250,000 miles.After that they do not just die. Their range will decrease per charge. At this time, we cannot determine the cost for replacement batteries. With being new technology the cost is continuing to drop drastically. So as you can see it would be hard to predict that far into the future. It is expected the batteries will perform for the life of the vehicle. Our vehicles are sold with a 2 year/24,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty that includes the batteries

·
Registered
288 Posts
LiV™Wise (Toyota Yaris) $39,500.00
LiV™Dash (Smart Car) $43,500.00
LiV™Surge (PT Cruiser) $55,000.00
LiV™Flash (Mini Cooper) $57,500.00
LiV™Rush (Sports Car) $100,000.00
LiV™Ryder (Chopper) $24,900.00
LiV™Cruz (Bicycle) $1495.00
The prices on those conversions make the Volt look like an absolute steal at $45k.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If these are available for delivery tomorrow, I agree the prices are reasonable. But I've been following these guys for YEARS. I am yet to see ONE TESTIMONIAL FROM AN ACTUAL CUSTOMER that has dealt with them. My point being I have no idea what their quality is or whether they are a fly by night operation.

Buyer beware. But if you could pick the vehicle up tomorrow and it performs as advertised, it is very reasonable in my book for what is available on the market today (nothing). But buyer beware.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Buyer beware. But if you could pick the vehicle up tomorrow and it performs as advertised, it is very reasonable in my book for what is available on the market today (nothing). But buyer beware.
Absolutely! If this outfit doesn't have a factory demonstrator for each of these models being offered, run far, far away from them. I understand the problem with conversion companies, the batteries are very expensive and they don't want to go and buy all these batteries until the customer pays up front. The customer doesn't want to pay up front until that customer knows and is satisfied with what they are guaranteed to receive. IMO, if a start up conversion company can't get enough start up capital to at least build one demonstrator for public scrutiny and test drives, than it is not a real company. This particular company, and it's wide range of vehicle offerings seems very, very suspicious.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Absolutely! If this outfit doesn't have a factory demonstrator for each of these models being offered, run far, far away from them. I understand the problem with conversion companies, the batteries are very expensive and they don't want to go and buy all these batteries until the customer pays up front. The customer doesn't want to pay up front until that customer knows and is satisfied with what they are guaranteed to receive. IMO, if a start up conversion company can't get enough start up capital to at least build one demonstrator for public scrutiny and test drives, than it is not a real company. This particular company, and it's wide range of vehicle offerings seems very, very suspicious.
A middle of the road approach may be to offer them an escrow account with some money down. But I'd demand a test drive and a vist to the facility at a minimum. I'd also demand to talk to prior customers or view testimonials.

The problem is not that they are scam artists (yet), it's just they do not have a track record. Depending on their treatment of customers, it may move from a civil issue to a criminal one so THEY had also better be careful. But an escrow agent seems reasonable to me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think they have one demonstrator per model. Except for the Liv Flash (Mini) because Alan Thicke has it on loan. And that's about all they have.
The one customer I've heard of did visit the place and test drive the converted Yaris and he has lots of other vehicles in case the deal falls through.

Still, what kind of company issues press releases on the great increase in short term stock positions. http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/20080627
So many things about this company sound sooooo scammy I've lost all confidence.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think they have one demonstrator per model. Except for the Liv Flash (Mini) because Alan Thicke has it on loan. And that's about all they have.
The one customer I've heard of did visit the place and test drive the converted Yaris and he has lots of other vehicles in case the deal falls through.

Still, what kind of company issues press releases on the great increase in short term stock positions. http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/20080627
I got pissed off about the two faxes from "The Energy Bull" pump and dump stock fax flyers promoting hybrid technologies that my law firm received. save the trees already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The prices on those conversions make the Volt look like an absolute steal at $45k.
Yes and you can have all that inefficency that comes with lugging all that ICE, ICE gas and ICE exhaust.

Soon there will be no exuces for not driving electric as batteries will go 200 miles on a single charge.

I hearby donate my house as a free charge site. Yes I do have plugs out side. If you are around the Portland International Airport in Oregon and driving a EV you can charge at my house for free.

I have ordered the LIV Wise from HBT. I will put it up for sale for approx 500 to 1000 dollars more than I paid for it. I will give full discloser on the internet on the preformance of this vehicle. People need to know good or bad. If any one is interested they can follow me in a nother vehicle were ever I go and see how it preforms for themselves. I am going to do this because nothing prevokes interest than if the car is availible now and is for sale.

The company considers me a pain as this whole experience as turned me into a nut. Yes I went there and test drove the Yaris. I went close to 50 miles in it and it seemed to have about half of the battery pack discharged. I think it will do as advertised.

It has taken longer to get it than was I was told. I hope the company is ok and hope that they tell me it is ready soon.

Should I go back again and test drive the vehicle or just make finall payment and have them ship it to me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car on order.

Hi Guys.

You might be referring to me. I went there test drove the Yaris. The mini was not available. I have ordered the car. I put 21,000 dollars down. It's going to be a bad if they don't come through. Still I guess I will hire an attorney if they don't. I understand your apprehension.

Here is a recent article on another guy who purchased one. There is a picture of a silver yaris which is the same color I ordered. Below is the link.

http://www.salisburypost.com/Lifestyle/042008-Hybrid-Technologies

I know it is risky but nothing ventured nothing gained. I will be happy to give full disclosure on this vehicle if or when it is made available to me. If the vehicle does as advertised it will be far superior to any EV's I have seen here in the Portland area that are on the road.

Completion dates have come and gone. As of now I have no completion date. I am willing to work with this company but I can only have a open end contract for so long.

My personal opinion is that they will come through for me. :cool:

(Sorry about duplicate posts. I did not know the first one went through.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts