GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
22,266 Posts
How does the pattern of open windows in a car after a driver with a sick passenger and vice-versa? Spoiler, all windows down is best. This article studies various scenarios and has expandable pictures for those who don't like to read, haha. We may all have assumed all windows down is best which this study verifies, but it's also interesting to see what happens in other window scenarios.

Dashed lines represent open windows, and solid lines indicate closed windows. **

Here's sick passenger in rear passenger-side seat:

Here's another, but with sick driver:

** scottf200 add

Reactions: scottf200 and CeeW

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt LT
250 Posts
Good stuff, thanks for posting this.

I wonder why they did not do with two windows rolled down on the same side with the other side rolled up?

I find that if I have to, cracking the windows on one side of the car and not the other makes it most tolerable in terms
of wind buffeting, noise, and dirt/dust/smog coming into car.

Reactions: jbakerjonathan

·
Registered
2017 LT
140 Posts
Fascinating information. While on the subject of information of dubious real-world value...
If you scaled up the 0.3 micron filter size of the best N-95 respirator to equal the size of a penny,
a standard corona virus would be just slightly smaller than Lincoln's head. Do the math, it fascinating.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt LT
250 Posts
Fascinating information. While on the subject of information of dubious real-world value...
If you scaled up the 0.3 micron filter size of the best N-95 respirator to equal the size of a penny,
a standard corona virus would be just slightly smaller than Lincoln's head. Do the math, it fascinating.
The mask is not a single layer, it is more sponge-like.

So the virus needs to get past 100+ layers of holes all mis-matched in alignment.

In short, they don't make it through in any significant numbers.

Reactions: scottf200
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.