GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the majority will think this is ridiculous but that's ok. Air Ride isn't for everyone and for most it's about being able to lower the car at a touch of a button buy you can raise your car to some degree as well.

I just picked up a 2018 Volt and I already have the itch to start modding. I want to reach out to airunner or air rex to see whether they would make a setup for a Volt as there isn't any options out there. Couldn't even find any coilover option. Who would be interested as im doubting they would want to do a 1 off build.

For those of you not as familiar with air ride here is a Prius Primes and a CT200H on air.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
The Volt is already so low that people are knocking off their air dams anytime they turn into their driveways.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Volt is already so low that people are knocking off their air dams anytime they turn into their driveways.
Practicality isn't really a concern in that crowd..
Not entirely true but there is truth to that. The nice part about air bags is when you come across steep driveways or whatever you can raise the car at a touch of a button. With lowering springs or coilovers the only mitigation is driving at at and angle hoping you don't scrape.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Don't we have the same coilovers as the Cruze?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Any sweeping statement is going to have exceptions. Varying height suspensions do give you the option to raise the height when required. You just have to remember to do it (if you know you are going to need it) and in both instances we all know how that goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts