GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the fan to stop (or go really low) when you are using the phone?

My wife said it might be to help with the clarity of the call?

Unfortunately, I use the phone a lot while driving and the call was 45 minutes and it got HOT!!!:mad:

Any clues?

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
When asking for help, a good rule of thumb is to include details like model year and mileage. Sometimes it makes a difference in the solution/answers/problem solving.

Better yet, put your car year in your automatic signature.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yes, the radio volume is muted, and the fan is set to low when taking Bluetooth phone call.

But, good news, you can over ride the fan setting just by touching the fan button once, which returns it to it's previous setting for your comfort! It can then be adjusted further up or down if it it is a little too loud.

Those Volt engineers thought of almost everything, but there are way too many features to find or memorize even from a complete reading of the manual.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it normal for the fan to stop (or go really low) when you are using the phone?

My wife said it might be to help with the clarity of the call?

Unfortunately, I use the phone a lot while driving and the call was 45 minutes and it got HOT!!!:mad:

Any clues?
Thanks everyone!
Yes my wife is usually right, but did not know about hitting the fan button once, so next time out, I'm giving that a go!
Added my signature...great suggestion to include that too!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts