GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't have my coffee yet this morning as I tiptoed out to my car and unplugged it after charging. Imagine my surprise as the horn alerted everyone in the tri-state area that my Volt was unplugged. I had to run though the house to get the fob and fumble with it to shut it off. Well on to coffee, but I don't think I need caffeine today.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I didn't have my coffee yet this morning as I tiptoed out to my car and unplugged it after charging. Imagine my surprise as the horn alerted everyone in the tri-state area that my Volt was unplugged. I had to run though the house to get the fob and fumble with it to shut it off. Well on to coffee, but I don't think I need caffeine today.
As I'm still waiting for my car, I have to ask, you can't just replug it in to shut off the alarm?

Cheers,
Tross

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did that the first two times I plugged my car in. Now I just leave it unlocked so I don't have to worry about being accused of stealing my own EVSM anymore.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Yesssss! Especaially when the horn blasts in an enclosed garage and the fob is in the pants pocket hanging on the back of the bedroom door. Sheeeeitttt!. How fast the habit becomes of unlocking the driver's door before anything else!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
How fast the habit becomes of unlocking the driver's door before anything else!
I've told my wife she needs to "shake hands" (unlock the drivers door) with the Volt before she does anything, it's just the polite thing to do.

She though I was funny, but she remembers now.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I've told my wife she needs to "shake hands" (unlock the drivers door) with the Volt before she does anything, it's just the polite thing to do.

She though I was funny, but she remembers now.
Excellent...:)

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I turned that alarm off first thing on both Volt and ELR.

I don't need an alarm when using a locked-on-the-wall-in-a-locked-garage EVSE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts