Another thread reminded me of some of the old car tech that I certainly do NOT miss from the bygone years.
- Vacuum operated wipers that would stall when you put high demand on the engine.
- Vacuum operated "power windows" that often needed a helping hand
- NON self-adjusting Drum Brakes on all four wheels (balancing them was a bear)
- Setting the points
- Balancing/setting the carburetor (especially the good old Holly "double pump")
- Stopping and adjusting the carburetor for altitude when going over mountains.
- Floor mounted Hi/Lo beam switch (that always collected crud, got crunchy, and failed at the worst possible time)
- Bias ply winter tires (ugh)
- Windshield fluid sprayer that depended on the air from the spare tire for pressure (VW Bug)
- No rear window defrost/defog of any sort