GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a thread that suggested Katzkin, or perhaps finding salvage leather seats as an upgrade to the cloth seats. Has anyone done this and felt it was worthwhile. Likewise, does anyone know if the previous model year seats for sure fit in the 2014?

I just bought a 2014 Volt with the cloth seats and I kinda regret not buying the leather seats (premium package). So, I'm researching this in case I still feel the same way in a few months...

·
Registered
383 Posts
There is a shop in the OC that started doing leather in LEAFs during the real early days. I was driving by one day and saw a LEAF sitting outside. Being as it was something of a novelty to see one at the time, other than my own, I stopped in to say "Hi!" to the owner, only to realize that it was just there getting a leather interior. The cost for the LEAF back then (around 2 years ago) was $1000, cash, out the door, and they've done 30-40 LEAFs that I know of. I can't imagine they haven't come across a VOLT yet.

Anyway, the shop is called Skyline, and it's on Hoover Street in Westminster:

Tony Dang (Owner)
Skyline Seating
13050 Hoover Street
Westminster 92683
http://www.skylineseating.com

Tony's direct line is (714) 720-5272
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
481 Posts
Speaking of aftermarket seats, is there any way to do aftermarket seats with power controls? My one big disappointment with the Volt is the lack of a power seat option.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Katzkin has a very good rep on the Prius forum with many satisfied customers. DIY wise, seat covers are fairly easy to install; however, replacing fabric for leather is a real bee-otch and I don't recommend as a DIY. BTDT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts