GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who had the chuggle fix on the engine with their 2016 or 2017 Volt did you gas only mpg increase
as a result?

I believe our 2016 Volt may have the chuggle issue to some extent. I noticed that on pure electric and with cruise control speed is very smooth. With the engine running as in hold mode it is not so smooth. However gas only mpg is pretty good as 45 + mpg is easily achieved, last trip on gas only for instance was 48 mpg. Nearly approaching that of our 2010 Prius...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue with 2016 volt, however I am not seeing any difference in mileage with hold mode. When I went to the dealer, service person told me it's not an issue, and it's how EV engine is expected. I am not convinced though, waiting to read from others in the forum.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe there are two GM TSB numbers on the chuggle issue. I noticed yesterday on a 244 mile round trip down the coast of Oregon that when running on gas there are times when the engine is running smoothly and other times when there is a suttle but noticeable
chuggle or very mild jerking when driving. Nearly 49 mpg just on gas does show that the engine is running efficiently.

I will get a hold of our dealer and schedule an appointment when we get our first free tire rotation service etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts