GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decently priced used rims + blizzaks on Craigslist. Tires came off a Grand Prix model year 1996-2003 but the owner was running them on a 2004. According to OEM wheel websites, it's a 5x115 offset. These tires are 225/60/16.

I suppose there's no way of knowing if they'll fit over the calipers without driving 40 miles to pick them up and try to bolt them on, but if someone has experience with this size or old rims like this and could save me the effort, it would be much appreciated.

Trying to attach a picture here.... 00T0T_fauuT6WHqzh_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_fauuT6WHqzh_1200x900.jpg

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
They should although the standard size is 17". 5x115 is not referred to as "offset". That is the number and distance of the studs. Offset is the distance + or - the centre line of the wheel is off from the face of the surface where it mounts. This will determine how close the tire is to the outer (or inner) fender. The offset doesn't have to exactly match but the wider the tire the closer it comes.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
773 Posts
I have that exact size on our 15 Volt. Steel, though, they came off a Buick. BARELY cleared the caliper, so I added a 3mm spacer to move the wheel out slightly. Only on the front. Bought the pair of 6061 billet spacers from ebay. Thin enough so the center hub still engages the wheel opening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts