GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know if anyone here has done this, so thought I’d check.

Looking at cars around, none seem to have the options/colour combo I want.
Everything but ‘Adaptive Cruise’ And ‘Front Pedestrian braking’.

I wonder if this is just software update to get these? Or is there hardware involved.

Anyone know?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
No, you can't add those after delivery. There is a radar antenna embedded in the grill to allow those features. Keep looking until you find one you like. Paint color can be changed, of course, but you are giving up the quality of the original factory finish when you get it repainted. Or you could "dip" it to a new color, which is reversible.

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I have not even checked with the dealer on others they may be able to find.

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just time. Could be a couple of months to order and I was concerned about the tax credit. (It has to be delivered, not just ordered).
But checking it looks like probably 4th quarter before it runs out.

·
Registered
322 Posts

I wonder if this is just software update to get these? Or is there hardware involved.

Anyone know?

Thanks
Mark
My 2017 VOLT was built may 15, 2016 and I bought it Jun 15, 2016. ACC was not available at the time but began being added in production two weeks after I bought my VOLT. I reasoned that the VOLT with ACC goes down the same assembly line and there may be an after market kit.

I interrigated the dealership on two different occasions. The first time I was told by the parts department that there was no after market kit that could be added at that time but to check again because the availabilty of different systems changes.
Some months later I went in for service and I checked with both the service department and the parts aquisition man. Parts told me there was nothing in the books and told me to see the parts aquisition person. This person said there was nothing available but he would check and call back. He never called back.

The service writer told me that most of the VOLTS features are factory install and only minor systems, like the charge port light, are available after market. I was told the only way to expect to get the ACC after market was with a New VOLT under it.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Anyone know?

Thanks
Mark
Sorry to say this cannot be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts