GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a premier with the driver confidence 1&2 so it has the collision avoidance system. Just bought a 2018 LT that is pretty bare, except for the comfort package (heated seats, mirrors and steering wheel). Am looking to install the mobileye system as an aftermarket add on. It has a windshield camera and computer fed to a dashboard visual and audio display and warning for lane departure, pedestrians, collision, speed limit and auto high beam switching. I understand it is essentially the same technology that is in the premier oem windshield unit (except of course it will not automatically stop the car at low speed or nudge the wheel for lane departure).

So far the warnings I get with the oem system on the premier have been enough to avoid trouble so I’m confident this will do the job. The unit has received good reviews. The Company was recently bought by intel, and Mobileye is apparently one of the leaders in autonomous driving systems. It ain’t cheap. $700 plus installation, so likely about $1000, but I miss this aid compared to the loaded premier. Aside from seat, mirror and steering wheel heaters this is the only other option I really cared about, but got a great deal on the 2018 LT (27,000 less the $7500 tax credit), that I felt I shouldn’t pass up, so I think this makes sense.

Has anybody else tried this or another aftermarket add on collision avoidance system?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
I have not tried the aftermarket but Mobileye was part of the tech of my first Tesla and many other cars. They make quality stuff and have been doing it a long time.

I'm a big fan of these warning systems. The one in my wife's 2016 Volt works pretty well for cars. We have it on 'early' setting and while we could change it to a less sensitive setting it works well.

You got a great deal on the car.

If your driving situation means a lot of traffic regularly then this is a great feature and 'worth it'.

https://conspectrum.net/en/systems/mobileye-6er-serie/

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not tried the aftermarket but Mobileye was part of the tech of my first Tesla and many other cars. They make quality stuff and have been doing it a long time.

I'm a big fan of these warning systems. The one in my wife's 2016 Volt works pretty well for cars. We have it on 'early' setting and while we could change it to a less sensitive setting it works well.

You got a great deal on the car.

If your driving situation means a lot of traffic regularly then this is a great feature and 'worth it'.

https://conspectrum.net/en/systems/mobileye-6er-serie/

Thanks. Hadn’t seen the video. Yes. Stop and go every night going home. Hopefully with the inherent connectivity of the Gen 2 volt, the install won’t be too expensive, but this is worth it, I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts