GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear hatch of my volt has a pretty big gap along the top and sides. Water gets in there but does drain. My issue is I take the car through a car wash and the gaps are so big soap gets in there and never gets out. I have to manually dry the hatch area every time and it's like the whole area around the hatch is designed to retain as much water as possible.

So... has anyone tried adding seals along the top and sides? It wouldn't have to be perfect but even if it kept a portion of the water out it would solve these issues. It seems there is plenty of room for seals to be put in there. If you have added something can you describe what you did?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Just to be clear, it sounds like the water is not getting into the cargo area. Just in the gap around the hatch opening?

If that is the case, I am not aware of any good way to address that. It has never been a problem for me. That area is similar to what I have seen on other cars. It will dry on it's own in time. It is hidden from view (unless the hatch is open), so I don't worry about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts