GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see a section where we can share info on good dealers or dealers to avoid for service on our Volt, Bolt, ELR and Spark EV cars.

As we know, some EV dealers are proactive and have strong service skills while others treat EV service as an afterthought and burden of doing business. Let us weed out those bad service dealers so anyone with an issue can get to a more competent place.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Ed Bozarth Park Meadows - I've purchased three cars (2012 Cruze ECO MT, 2012 Cruze LS MT, 2017 Volt LT) there. The service department is outstanding.

·
Administrator
624 Posts
Would be easily set up. I'm not sure if there is any regulations we'd have to follow or anything, but there are folk I could ask.

We like to gauge how much interest there would be before adding sections. Thoughts from others on this idea? We'll take it to the mods if the people voice in favour

Kevin

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ed Bozarth Chevy-Buick in Grand Junction. Outstanding sales and service; I bought two Volts from them. Two other Bolt owners I know agree wholeheartedly!

Also I had a great experience with Keys Chevy in Van Nuys, and their GM Rick Alpern. Bought a Bolt there and had had it transported to western Colorado. Just had a remarkably smooth and pleasant first service on it at Bozarth.

·
Administrator
624 Posts
Will standby for more interest on this topic.
If the community has a demand for it, I will escalate it to the other mods and admins.

Ed

·
Registered
974 Posts
Since dealerships are independently owned and quality of service and interest in EV's is highly variable on their part, I vote yes.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
That's a lot of Chevy dealers to have a data base on, plus a lot of them are going to have mixed results (like rating hotels on booking websites) for a relatively small number of forum members that are in range for any given one. Not sure how helpful it will be.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Good Dealership - Buff Whelan Chevy in Sterling Heights, MI. They aren't fast at the moment, due to their service bay burning down (a cleaning crew set a leaking gas tank on fire with a floor buffer!) a year ago, and it still being under construction, so they have to do all work off site, but they do good work and really care about the customer. And they've always offered me a free loaner vehicle (your choice of a current model Cruze, Malibu, Trax, or Equinox), even with my previous car that was out of warranty. I've also always found their repair prices to be more like an independent shop than a dealership. And their diagnostic fee is only $35, which they credit to any repair. I've been going there for years for service and have never had an issue. I pass a few other Chevy dealers on my way to theirs, and it's worth it. Their new service bay is supposed to be complete this fall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts