GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say I would like to know if ACC option comes with the conf 1&2 packages or does it need to be a factory ordered item?

Most cars I see do not normally show the ACC option.:confused:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Say I would like to know if ACC option comes with the conf 1&2 packages or does it need to be a factory ordered item?

Most cars I see do not normally show the ACC option.:confused:
DC 1&2 are pre-requisites. ACC is layered on top of them.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
And that's on top of the Permier option. Can't get all the safety stuff on the base LT. Hopefully GM will rethink this, safety is safety.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep got that much. But are there 2 types of ACC? One which is part of DC 1&2 but with out auto breaking? Or is ACC the only way to get auto breaking (low or hi speed).

I did notice on some photos that the grill may be slightly different for Volts with the ACC option installed.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Yep got that much. But are there 2 types of ACC? One which is part of DC 1&2 but with out auto breaking? Or is ACC the only way to get auto breaking (low or hi speed).
I sure wouldn't want any car to automatically break. However, automatic emergency braking is good. ;)

ACC is only one type. With enhanced automatic emergency braking. With ACC, the distance a leading car is detected is much farther out.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

I did notice on some photos that the grill may be slightly different for Volts with the ACC option installed.
In part, DC 2 includes Forward Collision Alert, Front Auto Braking and Intelligent Brake Assist. My understanding is that FAB and IBA are basically engaged when a crash is imminent (i.e., Forward Collision Alert is beeping/flashing and you are getting _really_ close to the car in front of you), to help mitigate the impact. ACC has a much more advanced auto braking system, using the new radar, that builds on top of DC 2.

Should note that just because the Forward Collision Alert is ringing, it doesn't mean the car immediately hits the brakes. Sometimes one gets false positives, especially with the 'far' setting, and the system seems smart enough to recognize it. A crash really needs to be imminent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts