GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in August after a local GM test drive event where I got to test drive a Volt for the first time, I was contacted by a sales rep from my local Chevrolet dealer, Laplante Chevrolet in Casselman Ontario about my interest in the Chevrolet Volt. I had already put an order in with Myers Orleans, a dealer that had early allocations, but I promised to stop by when I got my Volt since they were so enthusiastic and are not getting their first Volt until March.

So today I drove over and spent a couple of hours chatting with the staff and answering questions, they washed my car and they took some promo pictures to put on their facebook page. I also let some of the sales staff and the sales manager take it for a spin, all were VERY impressed and can't wait to finally get their Volts! It was -20C with a sunny clear sky here today and we drove on dry and snow packed roads, they were amazed on how solid and steady the volt felt, and were even more amazed with Low gear, they couldn't believe they were almost at a stop and had not touched the brakes! I also let them stomp on the accelerator, again, very impressed! It felt like a roll reversal, me showing them all the features and sitting in the back seat, I would have sold 3 Volts today!

I was invited to come to their big Volt reveal when their first Volt unit arrives to help with the launch of the Volt and give a real world owner perspective and answer any questions possible clients might have. I'm really looking forward to this! I love sharing the the Volt love, even though I have the only Volt in this patch of rural towns, I'm looking forward to seeing more roaming the streets.

Personally I am very happy with my Volt, it can handle Canadian winters without a glitch, I feel very safe and comfortable in it. I have accumulated over 4000km in 1 month of day to day and long distance trips, couldn't be happier, great job Volt team!

A word about Laplante Chevrolet, as soon as they heard my Volt was in town, they called the electrician to activate their L2 Charger located outside the dealer gates for me. The night I picked up my Volt and headed for our trip to Quebec City, we stopped by for a quick charge while we were eating dinner across the street, it was very kind of them to do that for me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Great story. Wonder why GM is behind the demand in Canada. They should be working full tilt to sell Volt wherever they can especially place like Canada where people are more sane and dont accept bs/lies from sources like Fox news or propaganda from the likes of Rush/beck the idiots from the far right. Sad to say that folks in other countries are rational and think things thru. We in this country are going the other way. Lord help us. Amen

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Nice post. You might do a local news story.. get them and the Volt some press... at the end asking why are their still such delays in getting them to CA..

I did something similar for dealer in August, where volts did not arrive in CO until Oct/Nov. Figured it would be good for the service guys to get their frist ride from me.. then when I take it in they will remember me ;-)

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's an amazing reaction from that dealersip.... like walking into an Apple store with an iPhone 5.

What's with those wheels?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great story. Wonder why GM is behind the demand in Canada. They should be working full tilt to sell Volt wherever they can especially place like Canada where people are more sane and dont accept bs/lies from sources like Fox news or propaganda from the likes of Rush/beck the idiots from the far right. Sad to say that folks in other countries are rational and think things thru. We in this country are going the other way. Lord help us. Amen
I'm not sure they are behind demand in Canada, but I was frustrated to see Volts for sale on ebay and unsold models at dealers while I patiently waited for my Volt. They should have gotten all the sold Volt delivered first imo. And yea the news up here is not as harsh on the Volt as down in the states. Some people have mentioned the Volt fires and recalls, but I carry around pictures and the video of the fix with me on my phone to show and explain.

Nice post. You might do a local news story.. get them and the Volt some press...
the dealer asked me if I could come back in two weeks and they will try to get potential clients in to see it, today was kind of a last minute thing, and it was to cold for anyone to want to come check out cars. I'll see what I can do to get a piece in the local papers.

That's an amazing reaction from that dealership.... like walking into an Apple store with an iPhone 5.

What's with those wheels?
lol yes they were quite pleased and I was more than happy to stop by. About the winter rims I picked them up before picking up the car and had a little fun with them since I find steelies soooo boooring. I picked up the car with it's winter shoes on. I have the green accent interior so it works, everyone who sees them love the wheels.

sorry for the enormous pictures...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow and shoes to match, you're all decked out. :D

·
4,870 Posts
Can you provide details on the steel rims? Where did you get them and what are their specs? I'm probably going to get winter tires on my Volt next year. Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey PaulsVolt, if you want some company for their Volt event, I could look into going too.
I'm not in to steal your spotlight, merely to at more presence and have one more car for display.

It's a bit sad that we basically have the same car except for the green accents (mine are frosted nickel) as it does bring out a lot of variety but yeah, let me know if interested.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you provide details on the steel rims? Where did you get them and what are their specs? I'm probably going to get winter tires on my Volt next year. Thanks!
I bought them from the dealership, I don't have any specs on them, maybe on my receipt, I'll try to find it. Otherwise I'm sure your dealer would be able to help you find what you need.

Hey PaulsVolt, if you want some company for their Volt event, I could look into going too.
I'm not in to steal your spotlight, merely to at more presence and have one more car for display.

It's a bit sad that we basically have the same car except for the green accents (mine are frosted nickel) as it does bring out a lot of variety but yeah, let me know if interested.
I did mention it to the sales manager of trying to get more Volt owners out here (that's you guys), she thought it was a good idea. I don't have any details about the reveal like if it will be on a weekday or weekend, I'll mention it in the Canadian forum when I have more info. It does not mater if our cars are almost twins, it's more to answer questions and talk about our experience with the Volt. Hopefully the Volt they get will not be black!

·
4,870 Posts
I bought them from the dealership, I don't have any specs on them, maybe on my receipt, I'll try to find it. Otherwise I'm sure your dealer would be able to help you find what you need.
Okay, Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did mention it to the sales manager of trying to get more Volt owners out here (that's you guys), she thought it was a good idea. I don't have any details about the reveal like if it will be on a weekday or weekend, I'll mention it in the Canadian forum when I have more info. It does not mater if our cars are almost twins, it's more to answer questions and talk about our experience with the Volt. Hopefully the Volt they get will not be black!
Alright sounds good, keep in mind I'm workin on an irregular work schedule which sometimes include weekends.
(yay for shift work lol)
Don't want to be a pain, but if you send me a private message as far in advance as possible, I can maybe book it off if I'm scheduled. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts