GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing the Chevrolet.com website today in search for information on the Bolt I bumped into this picture of the interior of the Bolt. And there it was very protagonist in the center console, what is now known to be a ticking bomb, one of those new Samsung phones that are exploding...

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Oooooooooh the humanity.........

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I doubt that a picture of a phone is in danger of catching fire.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Our neighbors are a 'Samsung Household', all 4 of them have the Note 7 and they flat out refuse to stop using it... I keep waiting for their house to catch fire in the night with all 4 of them charging...

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Most Samsung phones are fine. The wildly successful Samsung S7 is fine.

Only the Note 7 devices have any issue. And they have been recalled. And Samsung is offering you a $100 bonus if you select another Samsung product.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
It's all a headphone jack conspiracy...All speculation but multiple rumors are the Galaxy S8 also will not have a headphone jack...Additional rumors are they may axe the non-edge version, the name "edge" and the tainted name "Note" and offer the Galaxy S8 (with edge display) and the Galaxy S8 Plus (formerly the Note, with edge display)...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Samsung over iPhone anyday. I realize they have had a problem with the Note 7 but my wife and I both had Notes for 4 years and they were great. People made fun of how big it was, that is until iPhone decided they needed to copy it and make a bigger version of their phone. Using Samsung S6 Edge Plus now which is a fine phone. Would never go to Apple if they gave it to me.

Samsung also has the best TVs. When you compare picture quality in store they always win out.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I can't help but wonder if Samsung missed a great opportunity:

The New Samsung Jihad Edition! No need for extra Semtex, it comes complete!

And the best part, no long term contract necessary!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It's all a headphone jack conspiracy...All speculation but multiple rumors are the Galaxy S8 also will not have a headphone jack...Additional rumors are they may axe the non-edge version, the name "edge" and the tainted name "Note" and offer the Galaxy S8 (with edge display) and the Galaxy S8 Plus (formerly the Note, with edge display)...
And then it will be ok and all the idiots that didn't know how to listen to their music will suddenly discover Bluetooth. I feel like android users are like ford owners. Inferior items but will fight to the death about how they are better.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I still use Samsung Galaxy Note 1 I got, when it came out. It has a replaceable battery, micro SD card slot and it still works great!

All I did so far is to replace one battery and one back camera len.

Before that, I had Nokia E71 for years. Actually, I still have it on my home desk. It's NSA spying software free ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Over the years, so many Android phones (not just Samsung) have had 'extreme heat' issues when charging, and often when using/multitasking with the devices. The worst think with the iPhones were a slight bend if you sat on them...

That being said, I do wish my iPhone 7S worked in the Inductive charging slot on my Gen2 Volt. I will certainly not be putting on a special case just for this feature.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
And then it will be ok and all the idiots that didn't know how to listen to their music will suddenly discover Bluetooth. I feel like android users are like ford owners. Inferior items but will fight to the death about how they are better.
The problem with Bluetooth is it's still not universally accepted...Go on a plane? Most will have a headphone jack to use in flight entertainment...Gym? Same thing...

Over the years, so many Android phones (not just Samsung) have had 'extreme heat' issues when charging, and often when using/multitasking with the devices. The worst think with the iPhones were a slight bend if you sat on them...

That being said, I do wish my iPhone 7S worked in the Inductive charging slot on my Gen2 Volt. I will certainly not be putting on a special case just for this feature.
Won't happen, even the apple watch uses Qi inductive charging but is "software limited" to only accept a charge from an apple charger...Rumors are apple will TRY to introduce a new type of wireless charging that doesn't need direct contact like the Qi in their next iPhone with multiple reports/creditable leaks pointing to Apple calling their the next phone the iPhone 8 since it'll be all new...With that being said, the tech may not be ready for their next phone...

Gen2 Volt had some choices...To even use the wireless charging, you had to put it in your center console...Yet they give you a slot by the shifter in which a Note/iPhone Plus fits perfectly in which actually can encourage cell phone usage...Other than that though, Qi charging is super slow, even using the UBS ports in about 99% vehicles are slow, best thing to do is a buy a 2+ amp UBS port cig light adapter...Usually can find them for under $10; money well spent and comes in handy for rental cars when traveling, too...Can't tell you how many times my rentals have not had UBS ports making it impossible to charge (unless I buy something) while driving and often I need to run the phones navigation putting further drain on the battery...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The problem with Bluetooth is it's still not universally accepted...Go on a plane? Most will have a headphone jack to use in flight entertainment...Gym? Same thing...

Won't happen, even the apple watch uses Qi inductive charging but is "software limited" to only accept a charge from an apple charger...Rumors are apple will TRY to introduce a new type of wireless charging that doesn't need direct contact like the Qi in their next iPhone with multiple reports/creditable leaks pointing to Apple calling their the next phone the iPhone 8 since it'll be all new...With that being said, the tech may not be ready for their next phone...

Gen2 Volt had some choices...To even use the wireless charging, you had to put it in your center console...Yet they give you a slot by the shifter in which a Note/iPhone Plus fits perfectly in which actually can encourage cell phone usage...Other than that though, Qi charging is super slow, even using the UBS ports in about 99% vehicles are slow, best thing to do is a buy a 2+ amp UBS port cig light adapter...Usually can find them for under $10; money well spent and comes in handy for rental cars when traveling, too...Can't tell you how many times my rentals have not had UBS ports making it impossible to charge (unless I buy something) while driving and often I need to run the phones navigation putting further drain on the battery...
I've used my Bluetooth headphones on a plane and in my gym. If you know you want to use their headphone jack you should bring a pair of headphones. There is no correlation there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
...Other than that though, Qi charging is super slow, even using the UBS ports in about 99% vehicles are slow, best thing to do is a buy a 2+ amp UBS port cig light adapter...Usually can find them for under $10; money well spent and comes in handy for rental cars when traveling, too...
Plus, if you really want wireless charging in your Bolt, you can add it for about $20: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=mobile&field-keywords=Qi+Wireless+Charging

1 - 20 of 31 Posts