1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
231 Posts
Leave it to the media to try and twist the fact that a well built car protected its drunk driver from what looks to be a severe accident into a jab at EV's. (Not surprising as it happened ~ 20 miles from here)

The local story includes the part that when the cop asked for her license, she gave it to the fireman next to him.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
If it was an import, the pole would had stayed upright with superficial scratches. The firemen would need strong tools to unwrap the import from the pole. Then the EM guys would need a spatula to scrape the driver off the pole.

I may seem offensive with my description, but here I have seen imports blow apart in accidents and the human parts fly apart! The latest accident reported yesterday here in Puerto Rico was a yellow truck that hit a black import on Highway 22 just two miles from my home. The truck pushed the import 247 feet on the highway after the impact (the police measured the distance) before it stopped. The driver died instantly and the picture of the destroyed import had to be faded as to not show the body inside. If someone wants to read the news in Spanish, I can provide the link.

Those imports are so light that they don't protect the drivers in high speed crashes. We who drive domestics know that, but the import owners believe they are immortal and indestructible. The cementaries here are full of those poor fools!

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
It is funny because it's novel and ironic. I think I'm glad she's OK -- drinking and driving just don't mix folks -- and I'm definitely glad she hit a pole and didn't kill or injure some innocent person. If there has to be suffering due to stupidity at least make it a pole!

·
Registered
227 Posts
From what I can tell in the last pic, the airbags deployed, seems like a safe car. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
If it was an import, the pole would had stayed upright with superficial scratches. The firemen would need strong tools to unwrap the import from the pole. Then the EM guys would need a spatula to scrape the driver off the pole.

I may seem offensive with my description, but here I have seen imports blow apart in accidents and the human parts fly apart! The latest accident reported yesterday here in Puerto Rico was a yellow truck that hit a black import on Highway 22 just two miles from my home. The truck pushed the import 247 feet on the highway after the impact (the police measured the distance) before it stopped. The driver died instantly and the picture of the destroyed import had to be faded as to not show the body inside. If someone wants to read the news in Spanish, I can provide the link.

Those imports are so light that they don't protect the drivers in high speed crashes. We who drive domestics know that, but the import owners believe they are immortal and indestructible. The cementaries here are full of those poor fools!
Define 'import'. We live in an age of world wide distributed manufacturing. There are no black and white lines of 'import' vs 'domestic' and your arguments are anecdotal at best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts