GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my 2013 since December and I love it for my driving and commute purposes. The wife has been very slow to accept and warm up to the car but now that she's used to it OHM-RIDE has become her favorite "go get groceries" car.

So about a month ago I floated the idea of retiring her 2003 Mazda and maybe picking up another nice used Volt.

You'd have thought I asked her to wade through a dog pound kicking puppies :rolleyes:

Then last night she comes home and says "Do you know about this Bolt EV thing?"

Well... maybe there's hope yet :)

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Why don't you retire your Jeep? It is older and burns more gas per mile than the Volt and Mazda together.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why don't you retire your Jeep? It is older and burns more gas per mile than the Volt and Mazda together.
Because nobody makes a true trail-rated off road BEV that will go at least 130 off-road miles fully loaded and is also capable of towing a 3,000lb (fully loaded) trailer on road for 450 miles in a reasonable amount of time.

Even my wife agrees that the sheer utility of the Jeep keeps it in our stable.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I someday hope that my better half will drive my Volt and fall in love so I have a reason to get the newest model year, he will only ride in it, and not drive it because 'it has too many buttons'.

I suspect that by the time he warms up to the idea of driving Gizmo, I will be trading in for a Bolt or used Model X.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
I someday hope that my better half will drive my Volt and fall in love so I have a reason to get the newest model year, he will only ride in it, and not drive it because 'it has too many buttons'.

I suspect that by the time he warms up to the idea of driving Gizmo, I will be trading in for a Bolt or used Model X.
My wife's objection to having her Mini replaced with a Volt: "I'm going to be driving a computer!". I told her to relax, and just worry about the wheel and the pedals. That's all she needed to deal with and it drives like any other car. Once we got past that the rest was easy.

I got her on the first day when we were going somewhere. I got in the passenger seat.

You'd have thought I asked her to wade through a dog pound kicking puppies :rolleyes:
That's funny. :D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and I forgot to say that my wife has a 6 mile round trip commute. It KILLS me to have her drive an ICE which never gets up to temperature. I have to remember to get her car out and RUN it every two weeks or so or the exhaust starts rotting (along with god only knows what else).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts