GM Volt Forum banner

At what point will you walkway from the Volt?

• If it's more than $25,000

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • If it's more than $30,000

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • If it's more than $35,000

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • If it's more than $40,000

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • If it's more than $45,000

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • If it's more than $50,000

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I don't care what it costs, I'm buying it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much is made of the wait list on this site for the Volt. I'm wondering though how many of them are serious. So my poll assumes that the car will deliver all of it's performance promises, look something like the tape model with a Malibu front, be delivered to us late in 2010 and that there will be no tax breaks. At what threshhold do you drop out from buying a Volt?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry, I'd like to say what I would pay, but when dealing with the seller you can't show your hand ($$ willing to pay). GM isn't showing their hand ($$ to charge) yet, why should I?. GM will need to work hard at determining what can be charged for the Volt.

I will have an electric car, whether it be a Mitsubishi i-MiEV, a Volt, a conversion or whatever. Let the sellers present their wares and the price competition begin..

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let the sellers present their wares and the price competition begin..
And if the Volt is the only option when it arrives are you going to wait for other potentially cheaper options or just get a Volt? This may be the case.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far about 63% won't go over $35k but that's with only 19 respondents. Anybody else? We've supposedly got 20,000 people on the wait list ready to buy the Volt when it first arrives and only 19 of those people have even thought about how much is too much yet?? This is why from GM's perspective the pseudo wait list we have here is only valuable to show that there is interest in the Volt, but probably not much of an indicator of actual buyers.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think your poll question is a great idea. Not sure why more people haven't responded.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Canadian Pricing

I hope that if and when the Volt is sold in Canada it will have pricing comparable to that of the US. If the current currency value situation holds up and the Volt is offered at $35,000 in the US I would hope that it is close to the same in Canada. I am tired of over paying for vehicles. With the current pricing and Canadian premiums a $35,000 Volt could easily become a $50,000 Volt in Canada. The Prius starts at $22,000 in the US and $29,000 in Canada. Hopefully GM can take an aggresive approach to the price disparity.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any more wait listers? 29 out of 20,000 is pretty pathetic. I'm guessing that a whole lot of people read the daily news and the blog responses and never come to the forums. I can understand why. Most threads just end up a bunch of bickering about politics or people's pet technology to save the world. Now we should just add threads about religion and drive almost everybody away.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just voted. I'm probably out at over $40k. It would have been $35k, but I'm expecting to taken at the stealership to the tune of another $5k.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just voted. I'm probably out at over $40k. It would have been $35k, but I'm expecting to taken at the stealership to the tune of another $5k.
Me too, same logic all the way down the line. Assuming that the dealers are going to get their cut added on top of MSRP and GM won't be able to control that, then $35 for the car and $5 for the stealership (I like that name!) is where my walk away price is. Otherwise it is just like any other car...and you can get one HELL of a car for $40k...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm really hoping there will be some great dealerships come on board to these forums in a little while that will sell at MSRP. I have no problem traveling to reward a good dealership and to save myself some money.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm really hoping there will be some great dealerships come on board to these forums in a little while that will sell at MSRP. I have no problem traveling to reward a good dealership and to save myself some money.
HHhhmmm.... I've never tried one on this scale but on a few motorcycle owners assosation boards I've been on in the past, we've put together many "group buys" to get a great price on all kinds of things.

I wonder if a large dealership could get enough Volts in stock (or on order) to do a group buy???

Just a thought :D

Oh... and I see the evloution of this forum turning into the Chevy Volt Owners Assosiation in a few years. Long live the CVOA????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts