That'll sell a million of 'em.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Yep, saw it both times.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I guess someone makes a penny or two every time we watch the Walgreens advertisement? That's all I see ...

No Volt ad? Did the original YouTube poster take it down, or was it never there?

·
Registered
140 Posts
But, it's not Walgreens getting the pennies; it's the poster and Google. Walgreens is probably paying for each view. Of course, they get the advertising and if they have chargers, I agree, Way to go!

Duh! I just got it :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
wow. how in the heck did you catch that. I wonder if this was an intentional use of a Volt or if in reality any car would do but some producer thought why the heck not use my Volt?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
OK, something tells me that the vast majority of viewers that see this commercial will not even see a car let alone that it is a Volt.

VIN # B0985

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
wow. how in the heck did you catch that. I wonder if this was an intentional use of a Volt or if in reality any car would do but some producer thought why the heck not use my Volt?
I watch way too much TV. Call it a "professional" disability ;)

OK, something tells me that the vast majority of viewers that see this commercial will not even see a car let alone that it is a Volt.

VIN # B0985
True, but it is a positive upbeat commercial with the Volt image in the background, so when people see the Volt in the real world it is possible for it to subconsciously evoke happy feelings. As Fulgerite said, it is better than nothing.

Come to think of it, Walgreens has many retail locations nationwide with a parking lot and even a charging station. I bet the kid with the acne at the cash register can do a much better job at selling Volts than most dealerships.

"Yeah, I'd like a bottle of aspirins, a box of band-aids, those nail-clippers, and oh while at it, the silver Volt on the lot." ;)

·
Registered
13,562 Posts
So here's a tougher question. In the scene with the guy watering his lawn, what kind of car drove by in the background? I'm guessing it's a Cruze

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Am I missing something? I see no commercial or a link to a commercial.

·
Administrator
20,150 Posts
So Walgreen and Met Life do a better job advertising the Volt (well, at least showing one) than Chevy does. How sad.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yeah, I am not seeing a link as well

·
Registered
569 Posts
Damned Vdiv, you got me all excited.... now i'm miserable!LOL

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, I am not seeing a link as well
If you look carefully, you can see a Volt in the left parking lot in the wallgreen commercial and the same at the end of the commercial.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks vdiv, was able to view it with your link.

After watching it, it does look like the GM advertising department worked long and hard on this one! ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts