GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company. I just happened upon them and ordered a couple pairs for my wife and I at Christmas. They are called Glider Gloves. Basically winter gloves with copper thread woven throughout the glove that makes the entire glove work with our touch sensitive buttons on the Volt. In my opinion the buttons actually function better with these gloves on than with bare hands. In my search I tried on many gloves and none worked as well as these. I can even bat out a text on my android phone with the winter gloves on. Very impressive, I have no problem recommending them to the GM-Volt community.

http://www.glidergloves.com/Default.asp

·
Administrator
21,123 Posts
My standard leather driving gloves work too.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I find that any real leather gloves work as well as fingers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Actually tried those and while they did work, they were looser fitting and I found it hard sometimes to hit the buttons just right because the conductive material was only on the finger tips. With the Glider Gloves the conductive material is part of the fabric of the entire glove so all your fingers work. Even swiping and closing apps on iPad is no problem. The only thing is that they do fit a bit small so if you have huge hands you are probably out of luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you search for 'touch screen' gloves on Amazon you'll find many more that are compatible with touch screens.

I tried Elma (Warmen) leather gloves in 9.5 XL but they were still just slightly too small for me, otherwise they were great driving gloves.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If I have to wear gloves just to drive any car, other than my race car, I'm moving farther South...Just sayin..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts