GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ran across this video previous to my 2013 Volt purchase, it is informative and technical. The type of video I wish there were more of... Thought you guys might enjoy it as much as I did. Enjoy:cool:

V I D E O

· Registered
1,544 Posts
He also seems to be mistaken where the jacking points are. That (2:50~3:05) is NOT a jacking point! That's exactly the spot someone's done that to my car, and that section is now all crushed in and the under-seal is damaged back to metal.

He needs to read the workshop manual on how to jack the car before trusting his assumptions.

A twist-beam suspension seems new to him too. It has always been a very common set-up on European 'superminis'. Saab started using it in the 60's. Not news.

Poor show.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He also seems to be mistaken where the jacking points are. That (2:50~3:05) is NOT a jacking point! That's exactly the spot someone's done that to my car, and that section is now all crushed in and the under-seal is damaged back to metal.

He needs to read the workshop manual on how to jack the car before trusting his assumptions.

A twist-beam suspension seems new to him too. It has always been a very common set-up on European 'superminis'. Saab started using it in the 60's. Not news.

Poor show.

Any good shows you could share?

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The head of the Argonne Lab units that disassembles cars to evaluate them has said that the first generation Volt delivers twice as much as an ICE vehicle of the same price point delivers.
That reads as a huge compliment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.