GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I arrived home today, I had a FedEx package waiting from Staples Promotion Dept.
When I opened up the box, I was surprised to find a nice black Volt Zippered Bag and a note saying this was a thank you gift from the Volt Advisor Team. It is a great addition to my Volt and it now sits in the hatchback area along with my 1st Volt Gift, the Volt Presentation Binder with the Flip Cam, Thank You Note and the Volt Book "Charging Into the Future" by Larry Edsall.
Has anyone else received this bag? I hope that they continue this with the 2012 Models.

Paul S. - Red Volt # 2169 -Adopted 4-5-2011- Lifetime 108 mpg

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
I hope that they continue this with the 2012 Models.

Paul S. - Red Volt # 2169 -Adopted 4-5-2011- Lifetime 108 mpg
I believe that a GM Volt Rep has confirmed that this will not apply to 2012 purchasers......we will likely receive 'zippo'.
I was hoping that we could at least benefit from a 'graphics package' and this would be a win, win situation for both buyer and seller of the Volt; the retail price is approx. $300-400. but I'm sure that the actual production cost is relatively low.
What better advertising value could GM get from the visual enhancement this would have for Volts that are out there every day being driven by happy owners.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got one of these bags as well. The Volt is a huge launch for GM, so they want to make sure everything single driver out there has an outstanding expereince with their car. With the amount of social media interaction out there, one bad review or writeup can spread like a wildfire. Once the car has a wider acepatance, I'm sure the number of gifts from the advisors will drop; although I do expect the advisor team will continue to assist new owners in 2012 and beyond.

3,607 Posts
That's awesome! Great to hear that you like it Paul. The Welcome Kit that you received first is only for the 2011 models. However, it will not be the end of other various gifts, such as the bag you received.

3,607 Posts
@bdasile,

You are definitely correct, we here want to make sure that buying a Volt is your best car ownership experience ever! We certainly will continue to assist new owners and will continue to be of service to all current owners for the duration of their Volt ownership.

3,607 Posts
@rphooper,

It usually takes about 6 weeks after delivery to receive the Welcome Kit which includes the 4GB Flip Camera, and it looks like you took delivery back in February. Sorry about that, I will have notify the correct parties and we will get that taken care of for you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

3,607 Posts
@Arkansas_Volt,

We will usually call after about a week after delivery. If you have not received a call by then please send me a message and I will get you set up with one. If you have any questions before then, give us a call at 877-486-5846, or email us at [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Y'all are receiving gifts and I can't even get a returned email. :) I guess that's the difference in a current owner and a future owner.

3,607 Posts
@BryCola,

Our SC Volt Advisor is currently making calls and getting allocation information. I will have her compile a list and have it sent back to you.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Am I the only one who never got one of these welcome gifts?
Nope, I haven't received one yet either. My VA is looking into it; so far he has asked for confirmation of my address, but I haven't heard since.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I received the Flip video and hardback book after about 4 weeks of taking delivery (6-15-11) of #3868. It was a very nice follow up gift and I do appreciate it. I have had numerous contacts from my VA since taking delivery. I also had a phone call last week from GM doing a follow up survey on how I liked the Volt so far, and if I have had any problems. I am in sales and marketing, and I think that Chevrolet is doing a good job on follow up customer care by the various "touch points" after point of sale. I am loving the lifetime gas milage, now at 83 life-time mpg over 2100 miles (I drive between 60 to 100 miles a day, 5 days a week). Part of my goal buying the Volt was to save 1/2 of my gas bill monthly. This is not a problem, as I am spending about 1/3 of what I used to pay. Whhooo Hooooo!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I took delivery of my Volt #284 back in December, and got my book+camera package about a month or two ago, so a good 5-6 months after taking delivery. That's OK, it's sitting unused in the trunk of the car :) Sorry GM, maybe I'll get around to using the camera for viral marketing, I've just been too busy making and spending money! (I already had the book)

Looking forward to another package! At this point, sending these packages to 2011 owners will start to turn into consolation prizes, because we won't have the vehicle improvements that the 2012 owners are getting. That's OK, I've had the past year of Volt driving!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Katie, my Volt Advisor sends me regular emails. She has been very helpful with some small problems that I had. I love my Volt and I love that I'm driving a Chevy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got one of these bags as well. The Volt is a huge launch for GM, so they want to make sure everything single driver out there has an outstanding expereince with their car. With the amount of social media interaction out there, one bad review or writeup can spread like a wildfire. Once the car has a wider acepatance, I'm sure the number of gifts from the advisors will drop; although I do expect the advisor team will continue to assist new owners in 2012 and beyond.
Wish my advisor team sent me a free Volt bag...I got the book, flip cam but I would REALLY love a Volt bag..hint hint:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's awesome! Great to hear that you like it Paul. The Welcome Kit that you received first is only for the 2011 models. However, it will not be the end of other various gifts, such as the bag you received.
Thanks a lot, Trevor. I also called my Volt Advisor and thanked them as well. I guess they are switching around Volt Advisors so I don't have a specific Advisor yet. I am glad you are able to help out other Volt owners on this forum.

Paul S. Red Volt # 2169

3,607 Posts
@1749,

Thanks for the kind words, I will be sure to pass them along to Katie!

3,607 Posts
@Paul

It looks like your advisor will be Brenda. She is actually out of the office for the week, but once she returns, I will make sure to pass your thanks along.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts