GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving my gen2 volt for 11 months, I feel several software updates can make my experience even better

1. track and display the gallons of gas burned in the trip A/B meters, as in the gen1 volt
2. allow users to select MPGe instead of MPG in the trip A/B meters (my MPG is always 250+, not very informative)
3. port the new driving efficiency report screen from 2017 to 2016

this one may be not a software-specific, but I list it here anyways

4. make regen-on-demand a toggle button to switch between 3 to 4 default regen levels (like in the MB B-class). In order words, I can cycle through several regen levels when driving in D - one of them is the default regen, one of them is L-like regen, others are somewhere in between. currently, regen-on-demand applies maximum regen, the button has very small travel distance so not much fiddling can be done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
4. make regen-on-demand a toggle button to switch between 3 to 4 default regen levels (like in the MB B-class). In order words, I can cycle through several regen levels when driving in D - one of them is the default regen, one of them is L-like regen, others are somewhere in between. currently, regen-on-demand applies maximum regen, the button has very small travel distance so not much fiddling can be done.
Huh, I thought it was an all on or all off.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I don't want or need any of these tweaks. I just drive and classify minute details as unnecessary for my driving pleasure.

People seriously monitor tire pressure on the main DIC. Lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huh, I thought it was an all on or all off.
yes, all on/all off is the current setting.

I was suggesting to make it a toggle button to let the car switch between multiple "default" regen levels in the D mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts