GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the annual Michigan Electric Vehicle Show and Rally just a couple of months away, the team at Red Point Engineering (www.rp-eng.com) is already busy gearing up for the event. The company plans to showcase their award-winning proof-of-concept – a Porsche Boxster that has been converted to 100% Electric Vehicle.

The 5th Annual “must-attend” event – to be held at School Craft College, in Livonia, Michigan on June 8, 2013– offers an unparalleled opportunity speak to industry experts who have converted their gas-powered vehicles to battery electric drive or to hybrid owners who have converted to plug-in recharging.

5th Annual Michigan Electric Vehicle Show
Saturday June 8, 2013 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Admission: FREE

EVENT LOCATION:
Schoolcraft College
18600 Haggerty Rd
Livonia, MI 48152

The 5th annual event offers the opportunity for attendees to exchange information and best practice solutions, and meet with other enthusiasts and aficionados in the HEV, PHEV and Hybrid vehicle market.

Join us at 2013 Michigan EV Show!

For more information on this event, please visit the MEV Show Web Site: http://www.michiganevshow.org/

Attachments

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
That will be a great opportunity for Chevrolet to offer test drives of the 2014 Chevy Spark EV. I hope they do, and that some forum members get to drive them!

·
Registered
178 Posts
That will be a great opportunity for Chevrolet to offer test drives of the 2014 Chevy Spark EV. I hope they do, and that some forum members get to drive them!
Don't get your hopes up about GM attending....a few Volt owners and I attended the Show last year. GM was not there. We were representing GM! I put my Volt on static display... between a Fisker dealership and a Mitsubishi Dealership! 2.jpg Nicer Volt owner allowing the general public to drive or Ride in their Volts. I kind of vetted out the people I would allow to get in my Volt. I think most people tough mine Volt was a dealership car. The Show Sponsors gave me a sign for my windshield that clearly stated that this was a privately owned car. It was amazing what the general public was trying to do to my car. It was a really hot day... so I locked the car and left the windows rolled down as I did a quick wander around to see some of the other exhibits and watch a time trial race of other electric cars. People were climbing in and out of the windows and trying to push buttons while I was away. The Guy that was there from the Fisker Dealership was doing his best to keep people from doing that to my car... but he had two Fiskers he was trying to protect too! Yes the Volts alarm system was going off!

It was crazy!

I did send an Email to GM after the show and told them that they were missing a golden opportunity by not attending... I got a very nice email in response stating that I probably did a great job talking about the car and that as an owner my opinion carried a lot of weight.. i was flattered... but geeze!

It was fun to watch people "ogle and AHH" over the Fisker and then look at the price tag and move over and wander around my car all smiles and making quiet comparisons.. then go and make a quick trip around the Mitsubishi and then come back to me and want to talk about the VOLT! It was awesome!

It is a great show.... Attend if you can! I hope to see you there!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
It is a great show.... Attend if you can! I hope to see you there!
I have been there in November 1989. Drove a Ford around Detroit (saw most of the attractions and took a ride on the Metro), and stayed a week at Novi (saw the tall water tank), while taking system operation classes at Tandem Computers (now part of HP). But it's too cold to go there now. I prefer the high 80s here in Puerto Rico.

Have fun! I do hope GM complies and takes a Spark EV there!

·
Registered
974 Posts
I live just 3 miles away from this event, if you wish to participate, I am more than willing to offer my 240v charger in my garage and i have 12amp 120v outlet as well in the garage. If you wish to drive down for the show and want a FULL Charge for the event, please private message me. I'd like to go and see the show, don't know about having strangers in my car driving in a circle with them, but if you want a strong Volt presents, my charger and outlet are open. If your wanting to travel a bit far for the show, I have 1 furnished spare bedroom and i have a finished basement with pull out bed if needed. Please let me know prior to Memorial day weekend so i can get things ready. The event parking lot has 2 chargepoint chargers on the north side i've seen and told 2 on the south side. I'm close to 12 Oaks Mall, so you can 'mall it' while your car is charging as well..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts