GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just a quick note. Really enjoying this car. I've had my Volt since December. I'm a little over 5K miles and still on the same tank of gas that came with the car - 163 miles left on it. I'm enjoying the car now more than when I first picked it up. I think the ride has softened up a bit and a few of the little rattles are gone. The speakers on the stereo even sound much better and I'm really enjoying listening to my music. Now that the warmer weather is here, I'm also enjoying increased EV range substantially over GM's 53 miles. Has anyone else experienced the same work-in period changes/enhancements? I'm just curious. The other day a beautiful woman in a BMW complemented the car - that never happened with my Prius. :cool: All in all, very happy.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Same here. 7,000 miles since November, no gas station. Based on my driving habits the bump to 53 miles virtually eliminates gas except for road trips....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. My daily round trip is 25 miles leaving me enough for after work. I've seen a few of your YouTube videos. Very nice. Enjoy them. Ray

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had the over head dome light housing rattle, but I pulled and pried it aggressively and it stopped. Not sure about the speakers, but I have no complaints. The first week I dd notice the audio system seemed weak compared to my previous Ford...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you solved your rattle. This one seems to be coming from the speedometer area. Sometimes if I push the plastic chrome from around it stops. I'm not sure if it's the plastic glass of the speedometer. I'm going to try putting some type of cushioning in there. The sound is mostly gone but still comes up over certain rough road patches. Kind of annoying. At first the stereo was disappointing, but the sound seems to have filled out now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear. I guess I'm the lucky one!! :) Enjoy!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm at 8,600 miles. I have to agree that it gets better over time. I have a 53 miles commute so this car is perfect. My 2012 was good but the Gen 2 is superior in every regard. My stats would be through the roof if I hadn't of driven it 1,000 miles on gas when I first got it. This morning I drove 29 miles and still showing 45 miles of range left.

I have gotten quite a few compliments on it from various people. The interior impresses everybody that rides in it. I was a little skeptical of getting the kinetic blue but I'm so glad I did. The car looks great on a sunny day.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I charged my Volt overnight to 100%, and the display sowed 67 EV miles. This is the best for me so far. The previous best was 64 EV miles, so the number are increasing as summer arrives. In May, I am averaging over 5 miles/kWh {computed from info on central display] while driving around Silicon Valley, even better than in the LEAF.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm at 8,600 miles. I have to agree that it gets better over time. I have a 53 miles commute so this car is perfect. My 2012 was good but the Gen 2 is superior in every regard. My stats would be through the roof if I hadn't of driven it 1,000 miles on gas when I first got it. This morning I drove 29 miles and still showing 45 miles of range left.

I have gotten quite a few compliments on it from various people. The interior impresses everybody that rides in it. I was a little skeptical of getting the kinetic blue but I'm so glad I did. The car looks great on a sunny day.
Glad to hear. Too many negative posts on here. The interior is impressive. I have friends with Volvos and BMWs and they're really impressed with the interior. The blue is hot. I already had a blue so went with the black. It too looks great when the sun hits it and the metallic shows up. Keep enjoying buddy!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I charged my Volt overnight to 100%, and the display sowed 67 EV miles. This is the best for me so far. The previous best was 64 EV miles, so the number are increasing as summer arrives. In May, I am averaging over 5 miles/kWh {computed from info on central display] while driving around Silicon Valley, even better than in the LEAF.
Sounds great. I've been around 62. Can't wait to see it pushing 70. It's just a great car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL. Hey. I'll take what I can get!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts