GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Was looking into buying a new or used Volt and I feel that since I qualify for the 7500 tax credit that I might as well go for a new volt. Does anyone know why Chevrolet is giving $5000 off the car or is this filled with fine print?

Any known deals since dealers are maybe looking to unload 2018 cars soon? Im located in Georgia so cant get the deals the Cali folks got. Thanks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hello. 5000 off the max MSRP ?
And you got it use the whole $7,500 tax Credit in one year it's use-it-or-lose-it.

If you can find the lowest price 2018 on cars.com and still take $5,000 off that would be good but I don't think it means that

·
Registered
41 Posts
Up in MA they are advertising 8500 off. The reason is yes: 2019s are coming with some upgrades that people will like. There is also some stiffer competition out for the Volt both BEV and PHEV.

Volt starts at $35k. Niro Hybrid $30k. Ioniq PHEV $25k. Niro/Ioniq have more space, are more efficient under engine use, and a longer warranty. They top out at Volt 41k/Niro 35k/Ioniq 33k. The Ioniq/Niro only get ~4500 of the tax credit.

Yes we can go on and on about how much more battery, electric power, ability to heat without engine the Volt has. But the economics do not work out to cover that spread if saving money is what is being looked at. Thus we see huge discounting of the 2018 Volt. I imagine when the 2019 arrives in numbers, it too will see discounting on it from the get go as we saw with the 2018 Volt when it finally arrived. The second month after it arrives in numbers we will see additional discounting if they don't move enough the first. Discounts will remain stronger in CARB states as Bolt demand softens with the Model 3 and other new BEVs coming out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought my 2018 Volt at Donohoo Chevy in Ft. Payne, AL. Got $5K off sticker and the $7500 tax credit. Easy dealership to work with, was a simple, no haggle process, the price was what was listed on their website, add $200 dealer doc fee, done. I worked with Daniel Sanders. Was worth it to drive 2.5 hours to save $1400.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The "fine print" is always at the Dealer when you show up to buy it. Whether or not that actual fine print exists is another story...

just tell them you want the $5k off and don't settle for less. If they play games, walk away. Real simple.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sticker price on my 2018 Volt LT was 38k with all the options you could get on one. I ended up getting it for 28k with the rebates and incentives. Plus I also qualify for the full 7500 tax credit so I made out like a bandit with mine.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
GM, like all car manufacturers, wants to clear out prior year inventory before releasing the new model year. Thus the incentives on anything that dealers have reported still heavily on their lots. Since dealerships don't seem to know how to sell the Volt it frequently ends up on their lots.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got a 2018 Premier loaded for about 4500 off sticker. Was local in NC so didnt have to travel far.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I picked up a 2018 Premier with $4100 off MSRP.
That's a good deal for Central Texas. I got $4000 off July 2, but that was for a loaner vehicle.

Dont forget Texas has a $2500 rebate on plug-ins, depending on battery size.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I'm looking into the required forms now.
Be sure your purchase agreement has an actual signature. Mine was e-signed and the Terp office wouldn't accept it until I got an actual signature from the dealer. Took about 6 weeks to get the check.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ended up pruchassing a LT for 5500 off! 31k final price without tax rebate. car had 8 miles on it and was 36460 msrp. Got offered 7k for a premier by a few dealers I talked to but the 41k msrp was too high. Pretty happy that dealer fees was only 79.99. 23,500 for a new car isn't too bad since I lost an auction for a 2017 premier for 24500 last month and it had 19k miles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts