GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to believe it's been just five months now, but in that time I've put 15,000 miles (will be Thursday this week to be exact), all trouble free, on my Bolt. I picked up the Bolt on the last day of February and since then have been putting at least 750 miles per week on the car going to and from work. I've had one service, to rotate the tires, perform a vehicle inspection and have the driver's seat supports reinforced (a technical bulletin as the driver's seat in many Bolt's is quite noisy). My second maintenance is due at 15,000 miles and most of you probably know that it involves rotating the tires again and I believe replacing the cabin air filter. I did this already as I take my dogs to work and the stock filter wasn't handling the cleaning duties. A replacement I put in with A&H baking soda and carbon has really made an improvement in the smell of the car. Tires are wearing well and evenly and the car is as quiet, squeak free (Half my commute is on beat up country roads every day) and drama free as the day I bought it. My biggest complaint still would be the overall hardness and lack of comfort in the front seats. I happened to find a Model 3 owner in the Milwaukee area on Turo and will be renting his car for a few days next month just to get an idea of what I've been "missing" by not waiting on a Model 3. I think other than some of the control "wow" factors, it won't be much. If you're out there and on the fence about this car, don't be. By year's end I'll have over 30,000 miles and I think that I'll feel the same way then that I do now, that this transition from gas to hybrid (my previous Volt) to full BEV has been with little sacrifice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts