GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to tag off a thread I started last week, I took ownership of a 2013 Volt one week ago today. This is the most solid purchase I've made in a long time. 49.5K miles, Premium, Safety Packages 1 & 2, heated leather seats, no nav. Delivered to my door by Carvana with no electric charge but a full tank of gas for $13,250 + GA tax.

I've put it through as many paces as I can think of in my 7 day trial period. At this point they will have to pry the key fobs from my cold dead hands to get it back!

tried to post pics of the car and the carvana delivery but can't seem to figure it out for this forum. She's a black beauty, though, take my word for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, cross-forum mate Ztirffritz! couldn't figure it out for here. maybe i have to hit my 10 post intro quota to post pics like i do to see this forums hidden content.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Congrats. Now go rake some leaves :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great looking Volt. I just picked up a black '13 last month. I agree with your comment.

This is the most solid purchase I've made in a long time.
I run a lot more errands lately just so I have another reason to take it out on the road.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Great color! Black interior also?

By any chance, what were the car's "miles" on gas? It's entirely possible to buy a used "high mileage" Volt that may in reality have only half those miles or less on the gas engine, which is kind of cool. If I ever picked up a used one, I can't decide if it would be better or worse to have the proportion more electric (which means more battery charges/discharges) or gas, which means more wear and tear on the generator. Either way, my sense is that these cars could last a really really long time. Heck of a steal for 13K.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have never heard of Carvana until your post. Seems like an interesting concept. Even though you save a little money, I'm glad I bought from a dealer because I was able to cash in on some freebies during the first 30 day warranty. I feel like it would be much harder to do that with that service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So to tag off a thread I started last week, I took ownership of a 2013 Volt one week ago today. This is the most solid purchase I've made in a long time. 49.5K miles, Premium, Safety Packages 1 & 2, heated leather seats, no nav. Delivered to my door by Carvana with no electric charge but a full tank of gas for $13,250 + GA tax.

I've put it through as many paces as I can think of in my 7 day trial period. At this point they will have to pry the key fobs from my cold dead hands to get it back!

tried to post pics of the car and the carvana delivery but can't seem to figure it out for this forum. She's a black beauty, though, take my word for it.
Congrats, looks nice. I pick up my "new to me" 2014 Volt in Summit White from Carvana's Atlanta facility in just a few hours. It's going to be the replacement for my 2011 TDI that I'm selling back to VW. I think I was looking at your car and almost bought it except that I wanted a lighter color (helps keep things cool in the Summer). So far I've been impressed with the Carvana buying process. It was very straightforward and the follow up has been good. Hopefully there aren't any surprises (I don't expect any) when I pick up the car and everything is as advertised.

I'm looking forward to my "new' Volt!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Great color! Black interior also?

By any chance, what were the car's "miles" on gas? It's entirely possible to buy a used "high mileage" Volt that may in reality have only half those miles or less on the gas engine, which is kind of cool. If I ever picked up a used one, I can't decide if it would be better or worse to have the proportion more electric (which means more battery charges/discharges) or gas, which means more wear and tear on the generator. Either way, my sense is that these cars could last a really really long time. Heck of a steal for 13K.
i've learned a few things since signing up for Onstar's free basic plan. the car has been driven 74% electric, about 36.5K of its total according to the stats in the MyChevrolet app. yes, the interior is also black. summers are going to be toasty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats, looks nice. I pick up my "new to me" 2014 Volt in Summit White from Carvana's Atlanta facility in just a few hours. It's going to be the replacement for my 2011 TDI that I'm selling back to VW. I think I was looking at your car and almost bought it except that I wanted a lighter color (helps keep things cool in the Summer). So far I've been impressed with the Carvana buying process. It was very straightforward and the follow up has been good. Hopefully there aren't any surprises (I don't expect any) when I pick up the car and everything is as advertised.

I'm looking forward to my "new' Volt!
Hope you are enjoying picking up your car. I opted for delivery. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning waiting for the truck to arrive. I doubt you got a chance to preview this particular car if i understand the Carvana process directly. I put it on Reserve before the pics were released to the public and bought it once I saw the actual pics and features. the color was my only hesitation as i also live in Atlanta and much concerned about the summer heat. since it had all the features i wanted and more i decided the color wasn't a deal breaker.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have never heard of Carvana until your post. Seems like an interesting concept. Even though you save a little money, I'm glad I bought from a dealer because I was able to cash in on some freebies during the first 30 day warranty. I feel like it would be much harder to do that with that service.
i've purchased 4 cars from a dealer in my lifetime and i must say Carvana has been an outstanding change for me. Carvana provides a 7 day no questions asked return policy and a 100 day warranty. i think without the extensive trial period i wouldn't have been comfortable purchasing a car online. The Customer Advisors have been terrific. as for freebies, well, i got a full tank of gas, a $25 gift card, a reusable 20oz cup, a key chain, and a pack of mints. i'm good with that!

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
as for freebies, well, i got a full tank of gas, a $25 gift card, a reusable 20oz cup, a key chain, and a pack of mints. i'm good with that!
That's 4 more freebies than I got from my dealership. And they brought the car to you instead of you having to get a ride there and sit around forever while the paperwork is finalized. Nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hope you are enjoying picking up your car. I opted for delivery. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning waiting for the truck to arrive. I doubt you got a chance to preview this particular car if i understand the Carvana process directly. I put it on Reserve before the pics were released to the public and bought it once I saw the actual pics and features. the color was my only hesitation as i also live in Atlanta and much concerned about the summer heat. since it had all the features i wanted and more i decided the color wasn't a deal breaker.
My pickup time was 11AM. We got there a few minutes before and had to wait about 10 minutes before they brought the car around to the front. I spent about 10 minutes going over the car top to bottom and took it for a quick test drive. Everything was as advertised. The car is in great shape with only a couple of very small chips on the front of the hood and a tiny door ding on the driver side rear door. It took about 10 minutes to complete the paperwork and then I was out the door and heading home at about 12:15. Overall a great delivery experience!

The car is now sitting in the garage getting a full charge. The car has 21,785 miles on it with 13,935 on electric (63% of miles). Lifetime MPG is 102.3 which I hope to increase significantly!

As for freebies I got a $25 gas card, some mints, a notepad and a Carvana folding sunshade. I also got a stack of referral code coupons so if anyone is looking to buy a car from Carvana let me know and I can hook you up with one of them. You'll save some $$'s and I'll get a referral fee.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very nice, I love the black paint. I have a 2013 Premium also but with Safety pack 1. Love waking up to drive this car every chance I get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on a very fine purchase!!
I was just about to purchase from Carvana myself when I saw ads from Florida Fine Cars selling Volts at even better prices. I took a chance and pulled the trigger on a red 2013 Premium Volt with 22,000 miles for $13.000. I arranged delivery for $250.
I took a big chance since there was no trial period or warranty like with Carvana. I gotta tell you that I did lose some sleep while awaiting delivery but it turned out to be the best car purchase I've ever made...so far, knock on wood. The car runs like new and aside from some interior dings looks like new. I've driven a Leaf for the previous 3 years and started looking for a replacement 3-4 months ago by test driving a slew of ICE cars as well as the Volt. I don't know how anyone can go back to ICE once they've driven electric.
Frank

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

Congrats.
I also have a black 2013 (OHM-RIDE) that I purchased last December from a Corporate lease and other than one weird session that got resolved I've truly enjoyed owning and driving it so far.
When (not if) you decide to upgrade the headlights make sure and check out these threads. <grin>.

Important warning about a ground point under the hood that you should NEVER use for anything.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?259313-CRITICAL-GROUND-POINT!-Potential-computer-glitch-source.

Last year's tech, but I'm still happy with them
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?217633-LED-Headlight-Upgrade-Review-PartsSquare-9006-(HB4)

Newer tech, looks pretty damn good
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?233585-8th-Gen.-ZES-Chips-9006-HB4-LED-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-Review

Aux driving lights. Might be worth the effort if you are out in the country.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?264561-Review-Alpena-quot-Hexfire-quot-LED-aux-lights

Or if you want to go the HID route
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?252194-Diode-Dynamics-HID-Conversion-Kits-for-Chevrolet-Volt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts