GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Title says it all

Thanks for the input
fully loaded no add ons
By fully loaded, are you saying this specific 2019 Volt Premier has DC, DC2 and ACC? If so, the price appears reasonable. What about delivery charge, paperwork fee? Is this a new vehicle, never titled so that you can claim the one-time federal tax credit?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
By fully loaded, are you saying this specific 2019 Volt Premier has DC, DC2 and ACC? If so, the price appears reasonable. What about delivery charge, paperwork fee? Is this a new vehicle, never titled so that you can claim the one-time federal tax credit?
Better be new so you can get tax credit, otherwise I’d pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Also looks like GM just added a 2k cash back incentive good until Jan. 2. Between that and employee pricing it would now be a very good time to shop for an ‘18.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Your price is matching what I've been finding on loaded 2019 premiers. I don't think it will get much better. GM has no incentive to drop the price while aggressively unloading the '18s. They are basically offering cash and other incentives to dealers to move out the 18s. On top of this, I'm a bit doubtful we'll get too many '19 options since this is a limited production run. What's more, we can't show up in December of next year and find a leftover '19 and still get the full tax credit since it will expire. It's a shame since the '19 seems to be the best Volt yet.

I would weigh whether you really need the features of the '19 because those of us who want one may be forced to pay a bit of a premium for it. YMMV

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Your price is matching what I've been finding on loaded 2019 premiers. I don't think it will get much better. GM has no incentive to drop the price while aggressively unloading the '18s. They are basically offering cash and other incentives to dealers to move out the 18s. On top of this, I'm a bit doubtful we'll get too many '19 options since this is a limited production run. What's more, we can't show up in December of next year and find a leftover '19 and still get the full tax credit since it will expire. It's a shame since the '19 seems to be the best Volt yet.

I would weigh whether you really need the features of the '19 because those of us who want one may be forced to pay a bit of a premium for it. YMMV
Exactly. Unless you do a lot of public charging and needed the faster charging option on the 19, I’d absolutely opt for the big current Clearance savings on the ‘18.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I could have leased a loaded 2018 Volt Premier for $376/mo for 36 months with only the drive-off costs paid down. Instead, I opted for a loaded 2019 Volt Premier for $498/mo for 36 months with $2,305 down.

If I could have done it all over again, I never would have let that 2018 slip through my fingers. The power seat isn't worth it since there aren't any memory settings, the 7.2 kW charging system isn't useful to me since I almost always charge at home overnight on an L2 charger, and as good as the updated reverse camera and infotainment system are, they ain't worth the $122/mo premium. Even being able to get the new purple CA HOV stickers isn't worth it because I'm only leasing for three years - the red stickers would have been sufficient.

Oh, well... live and learn. At least the 2019 is a fantastic car. Very stupid of GM to kill it, IMHO.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Until the end of the year 2018 Volt Premier models are $6,800 to $7,500 off of MSRP. Fully optioned about $32K. Seen LT discounted close to $9,000 Placing them in the $23K range. Did see one 2019 Premier with Confidence Package II with a $5,000 discount at 35K. Premium colors are scarce. Black, silver and gray are what's in the inventory stream. Zero Kenetic Blue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No not a good deal. With the employee discount thing I just bought a $41k MSRP car for $32. $9k off MSRP.
I’m pretty confident that the employee pricing is good only for 2018 Volts, and the*original poster is looking at a 2019. GM is providing the employee discount only to a few models of the 2019s, and the Volt isn’t one of them.

This is a good price — I too have been shopping and the loaded 2019s are starting to sell quickly. As another poster stated, dealers don’t seem to be discounting the Premiers with features such as ACC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.