GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday marked 4 consecutive years of driving my Volt without engaging the range extender for propulsion. Last time while driving, I switched over to my ICE was May 23, 2012. Back then I had 9,114 EV miles and 139 gas miles.

Today I have 96,774 EV miles and still 139 gas miles. That works out to 87,659 consecutive EV miles. That is a duration of 1,461 days and an average of 59.999 EV mile/day.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
so... why do you have a Volt and not an EV?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so... why do you have a Volt and not an EV?
Ummm, because that is what I bought in 2011. Anyway, my Volt is a BEV, at least according to the State (oops Commonwealth) of Virginia. My Volt is registered as a BEV, so I am exempt from emissions testing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
How did you manage the 312.97 electric miles in a day in your volt stats? At some point this summer, I am going to pick a nice day and try to break 100 electric miles.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Congrats, Ari! That is a heck of a record!
I am up to 750 mpg and about to return my leased 2013. Sorry to see her go but the residual is way too high.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Congrats. But don't look behind you, the MPG Ho is coming! Man, already up past 20k EV miles in 7 months! He drives as much as sparkie, but all EV miles.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Could've bought a leaf. ;)
So he could have the same EV range today as his volt?
Leafs of same year of his volt are terrible for battery longevity.
In terms of long term consistency, his volt will probably give more EV miles over 10 years ;)

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Just think what he could do in a Tesla.....:p

·
Registered
249 Posts
Congratulations on your incredible streak. From my fractional effort, I can say that it's certainly a testament to the extremes of your personality!

Could've bought a leaf. ;)
We've been here long enough to know Ari's stock response to that comment! Also, the Leaf would be seeing significant degradation by now, and might not be reliable for a 35 mile trip!

·
Registered
63 Posts
ari_c, great achievement.

You have a lot of spare time lugging around at 30 mph for the entire day :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
We've been here long enough to know Ari's stock response to that comment! Also, the Leaf would be seeing significant degradation by now, and might not be reliable for a 35 mile trip!
Speaking from experience, my 2011 LEAF (5 yr 1 mon ownership) has lost at least 22% of its initial battery capacity in about 31,5K miles. The temperature here is relatively mild and still battery degradation.But several 2011 LEAF owners I know have had their battery replaced under Nissan's battery warranty (in less than 5 yrs and 60K miles, lose about 40% battery capacity). So now my Volt is the go-to car to drive to San Francisco, and the LEAF is for domestic use. I don't fixate on use the ICE but have rarely done so - currently running about 91% EV.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts