GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ehh, hopefully just a typo. Otherwise, I'd classify that as a "lose" instead of a "win", despite the name of the dealership! Too many dealers already reporting discounts to think someone would just pay 3k over msrp.

Joe

·
Registered
968 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
More hilarious

Attachments

·
Registered
13,845 Posts
first miata's, first z3's. It has happened before, it will happen again.

·
Registered
520 Posts
That's absolutely nuts! But with that being said, they also say there's a sucker born every minute.

·
Registered
707 Posts
That's absolutely nuts! But with that being said, they also say there's a sucker born every minute.
I see what you did there...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
A quick search on cars.com shows a Bolt Premier for $50,484 at Glendora Chevrolet. That's nuts!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh no, I saw someone post a picture on FB of a dealership in Ca that marked theirs up 5k. Smart money says #1 dont buy and #2 that upcharge won't last long. They are clearly trying to hook someone uninformed for a few bucks. Oh and I would run away from that dealership fast.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Oh no, I saw someone post a picture on FB of a dealership in Ca that marked theirs up 5k. Smart money says #1 dont buy and #2 that upcharge won't last long. They are clearly trying to hook someone uninformed for a few bucks. Oh and I would run away from that dealership fast.
With volume CA dealer now selling Bolts for $1,500 off MSRP, these dumbasses trying to charge $5-6k over MSRP are in for a rude awakening.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
So funny, Camino Real Chevrolet is giving 1,500 off MSRP. What are they thinking....
May depend who you deal with there because the fleet manager is claiming they're selling at invoice...I have not seen anyone officially report a sale to confirm this, though...But she told me to ask for her and the invoice deal and it's a done deal without haggling...

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
May depend who you deal with there because the fleet manager is claiming they're selling at invoice...I have not seen anyone officially report a sale to confirm this, though...But she told me to ask for her and the invoice deal and it's a done deal without haggling...
At invoice....but then they add the advertising fees, which probably bring it to ~$1,500 off MSRP.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Normally dealerships who use the Market Adjustment system have crappy service depts. The same mentality infects the service manager. The dealership has been poisoned from the top.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
At invoice....but then they add the advertising fees, which probably bring it to ~$1,500 off MSRP.
Good to know...Wonder if people have attempted to haggle that down?

Normally dealerships who use the Market Adjustment system have crappy service depts. The same mentality infects the service manager. The dealership has been poisoned from the top.
Who needs a service dept with the Bolt? :D

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
A practice by some dealers for decades, usually when a new or new/hot model hits the showroom. While I'm not a fan of the practice personally, if they can get the price, why not. This is on the consumer to either pay the price or not :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
When the Audi TT came out, my brother's wife had to have the AWD convertible model, since she wanted to replace her Alfa convertible, but it had to be AWD so she could drive it to Mammoth Mtn, (where they just had 20ft of snow in January)! They wanted $5k extra. My brother called me and asked me to negotiate with the dealer. I did and got him down to $1500 over. Then I told my brother he was going to have to do his own haggling in the future.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts