1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
20,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
249 Posts
It appears Local Motors also has a Facebook page with live video feeds about this vehicle release.

It is a very interesting concept. If this is truly the direction Autonomous Driving will take us, our return to the Streetcar won't be far away. It will be interesting to see how much support the major automakers give to concepts like this one over time.

·
Administrator
20,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It appears Local Motors also has a Facebook page with live video feeds about this vehicle release.

It is a very interesting concept. If this is truly the direction Autonomous Driving will take us, our return to the Streetcar won't be far away. It will be interesting to see how much support the major automakers give to concepts like this one over time.
true autonomous driving with managed city streets will pretty much change mass transit as we know it, instead of big hulking buses there will be many smaller vehicles all performing their choreographed moves

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hello......... Wow the 3d printers have come a long way. Just to be clear the whole bus does not just zap out of the 3D printer already assembled, The printer makes parts which are assembled. Maybe by another machine?
This is probally a insult to some people for me to even mention this but I like to clarify things.

·
Administrator
20,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello......... Wow the 3d printers have come a long way. Just to be clear the whole bus does not just zap out of the 3D printer already assembled, The printer makes parts which are assembled. Maybe by another machine?
This is probally a insult to some people for me to even mention this but I like to clarify things.
Some (lets say 50%, but I'm not sure) of the bus was 3D printed. Other things like the aluminum grab rails, wiring, electric motore, windows, upper body shell, tires, wheels, axels, etc. were not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts