GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to the Forum and have just taken delivery of a Blue 2017 Bolt Premier with over 37K miles. I've only had her 1 day, so have not had much experience with her, but she feels great, with a favorable comparison to both a new 2018 Bolt I drove at the dealer and another used 2017 with 10k miles I had the opportunity to drive.

A full charge at a DC Fast Charge station got me a 205 mile maximum range, which I'm thinking may improve as the car learns my driving style - or not....

The only issue I've found so far is the driver's side passenger door's power lock/unlock doesn't work, which certainly is a pain as I'm a musician who's constantly moving equipment in and out and I really need the remote to open and lock all the doors. I've posted in the "issues" forum to see if there may be a DIY fix, though I think the dealer I purchased from should cover the cost of repair. We'll see.....

I'm in Santa Fe, NM and had the car trucked over from a dealer in Pomona, CA, which is why she has Cali plates.

I'm looking forward to putting the next 37k on her and have found great and helpful posts here. Let me know if you're coming through Santa Fe and we can meet up.

All the best,
~ Steve

InDriveway1.jpg

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
Welcome. The only DC FC my Bolt has connected with has been the dealers, lol.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congrats on your new Bolt. Just curious if you have many dealers in your area that service the Bolt. Keep us posted on your likes and dislikes as you become more familiar with it.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
....A full charge at a DC Fast Charge station got me a 205 mile maximum range, ...
I assume you mean the Guess-O-Meter indicated 205 mile range. Yes, it will learn how you drive. It has no idea how you will use the current 'Full Charge'. If you did a road trip at 30 MPH you might get over 350 miles on that full charge.

BTW, EV drivers typically don't do a full charge at a DCFC site, unless needed for a dicey road trip. That's clogging up the site waiting for that last ~10% of charge. I have never charged beyond 80% with my Spark EV...

Enjoy the new ride! I hope to be joining you with a used Bolt someday!

Was it a lease return? Why was it sold? (Just curious if you know....)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts