GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As before there was a black line from the passenger side rearview mirror as well as a distortion of bending the straight line rearward as you can see by the picture, the line on the right is supposed to be straight like the one on the left, dealer replaced the whole passenger mirror assembly with the camera in it. Still the same, when we folded the mirror rearward the black line disappeared and the line straightened out but the mirror was way past the locking point and rendered the mirror useless for rear view. Dealer is stumped and gonna contact Chevy support. Attached is picture with new mirror, notice the straight line on the right bending backward just like the original mirror assembly. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
for me such a distortion is acceptable as the most important thing is that I can see objects around me relative to the car as I move. My mind will readjust them relatively. I expected these distortions knowing that the image was stitched together from various camera feeds. The same distortion that I expect from those 360 degree view of a house presented, with fish eye lens effects. I just need to know where the distortions are worse and I mentally adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to say not acceptable to me or dealer service manager, he checked other Bolt’s and they did not have this problem. He is contacting Chevy about it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Interesting, maybe you found something that will trigger a software revision in the future. Mine doesn't have a line but I will say the front quartering views are the most distorted. OTOH, there's plenty of glass to look out of, the Bolt is narrow without much front overhang so if an area has to be compromised maybe that's the least bad location.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
for me such a distortion is acceptable as the most important thing is that I can see objects around me relative to the car as I move.
IMHO the level of error shown in the OP's image is unacceptable. No other Bolt I've seen, including mine, has anywhere near that kind of discrepancy.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
You said folding the mirror rearward temporarily "fixed" the distortion. Does that mean you folded the mirror toward the rear bumper? I would have guessed folding it toward the front bumper would have been needed to fix that distortion.

If moving the mirror "fixes" the distortion, then moving the camera within the mirror should also fix it, but I assume there is no provision for making an adjustment like that in the mirror housing? Even rotating the camera body?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts